Osuagwu SDS, Fr. Virginus
- Fr Virginus Osuagwu is of the Society of the Divine Savior (SDS).
- CURRENT ASSIGNMENT: Fr. Virginus Osuagwu, SDS is currently serving at the Church of the Resurrection in Burtonsville. He is also Pastoral Associate at Riderwood Senior Living Community in Silver Spring.
- MUSICIAN: The summer of 2021, he launched his first music CD, with all original songs, at his parish. The title of the album, “Chukwu Nara Ekele M,” translates to “O God, Accept My Thanks.”
- ORDINATION: He was ordained in June, 2019. He shared some of his personal story in his first TASTE talk on September of 2020.
- FAITH JOURNEY: Fr. Virginus grew up in Nigeria with four siblings and says he felt God calling him as early as five years of age. During his high school years, he was involved in the young Catholic students club as well as the debating society and farmers club, though his favorite subject was English. He earned his undergraduate degree in philosophy from the Claretian Institute of Philosophy in Nekede Owerri, Nigeria before coming to the United States to attend St. Mary’s Seminary and University in Baltimore, Md. where he earned his master’s degree in theology. Prior to joining the Salvatorian Family, Virginus served eight years with the Claretian Missionaries Province of Nigeria, as personnel manager with Divine Roferds Nigeria Limited; and as a volunteer missionary to Cameroon.
- Pastoral Associate, Church of the Resurrection, Burtonsville, Maryland
- Chaplin at Riderwood Retirement Community
- Archdiocese of Washington, DC