November 29, 2020
Ladies of TASTE,
- During our last talk on November 19th, Kristen Fisher prepared us for Thanksgiving with a talk entitled "Gratitude: Good for the Brain, Good for the Soul." She encouraged us to recognize, remember, record and recount all of our gifts from God and recommit ourselves to Him in thanksgiving. She reminded us that by having a grateful heart, we live in joy, peace, and hope, and naturally share it with others. In addition to spiritual benefits, she shared scientific evidence that points to physical, psychological, and emotional benefits as well!
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — As we enter into the season of Advent, Fr. Matt Buening will be giving a talk "O Come Let Us Adore Him" Please note that this talk will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30 or anytime after it has been uploaded to our website. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. Remember, we are not meeting at St. Mary's until further notice.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Kristen Fisher's talk Gratitude: Good for the Brain, Good for the Soul." The audio and video of her talk and Reflection Questions are included HERE.
- Please note that we have included the Christmas Morning video she shared as well as information on the Ablaze Ministry and Gratitude Journal.
- For those who may be interested in how our early presidents expressed their gratitude to God, we have also included their inspiring Thanksgiving Proclamations as well.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- REMEMBER — We will have 2 sessions during Advent (12/3 and 12/10). Then, we will be off for 4 weeks in celebration of Christmas and New Years and TASTE will resume on 1/14/21. You will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers especially during the weeks we will not be together!
- TASTE DONATIONS — Would you like to make a donation to TASTE before the end of the calendar year so that you can include it as a donation on your taxes? If so, feel free to send a check made out to TASTE to: TASTE c/o, Joy Parker, 12649 W Oak Drive, Mount Airy, MD 21771. Our website/online donation option doesn't seem to be working currently so if you would prefer to donate through PayPal, please contact Joy at email@example.com. Thank you all so much for your generous support!
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please continue to keep Gini Linsenmeyer, Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Katylee McInerney, and Betty Albanesi in your prayers. Please also pray for Anthony Spezio (son of Josie) and Evelyn Dunne (a former member who many may know) who has Parkinson's and recently lost her husband to Covid-19. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THANK YOU to those who have agreed to participate in the Spiritual Adoption of Priests program which is to "encourage priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Should anyone else want to sign up, simply contact Jennifer Dougherty at email@example.com or 240-522-1596.
- SUPPORT THE HUNGRY — Although we are no longer meeting at St. Mary's, if anyone happens to be in the area and would like to support their food pantry, no doubt they would be grateful. This is a great opportunity to bring non-perishable foods, diapers of any size, and/or baby wipes to help them meet the needs of those in the Laurel community. See regular NEEDS
- SUPPORT PALLOTTI HS — Pallotti HS is 100 years old and commemorating with a lovely Christmas ornament. Please see attached order form. Contact Claire Rudinski (CRudinski@pallottihs.org) with questions. LINK
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!