November 10, 2019
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
Last week we had a wonderful, if not challenging teaching from Kristen Fisher. A youth minister for over 15 years, she shared incredible insight into the developmental needs of middle-schoolers and provided practical ways to connect with them. That was not all, she gently but decisively reminded each of us that as baptized believers, we are called to share "what the Lord has done for us," (Mark 5). The Lord intends to do his work through us, His imperfect vessels.
We want to encourage you to accept the call and the challenge. Prayerfully ask the Lord to remind you where he has been working in your life - loving you and bringing you healing. Be ready at all times to "give a reason for your hope," (1 Peter 3:15). Our theme for TASTE this year is Living Your Catholic Faith in a Secular World. Speaking your truth about "what the Lord has done for you" is a strong antidote to the secularism we seek to counter. Be grateful for the love and mercy bestowed on you, and let your gratitude and joy be known to others!
This week at TASTE
- We welcome Susan Brinkmann. She will be teaching from her book, The Catholic Guide to Mindfulness.
- After her talk, there will be a book sale and signing. Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card.
- The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be offered following the talk. Please plan to stay. Children are welcomed.
- Small group. This week we will reflect on Kristen Fishers's talk from November 7, 2019, on evangelizing our youth.
- The REFLECTION QUESTIONS are attached to this email.
Upcoming Events in the Area
- ProLife Speakers' Panel on Monday, November 18 at 7:00 pm - St. Patrick's Church - Rockville.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospitality North American Volunteers will present a 2-hour Lourdes Virtual Pilgrimage Experience™ at the Church of the Resurrection- 3175 Paulskirk Drive-Ellicott City, MD 21042 - onTuesday, December 3rd at 7:00 pm. As part of this spiritual opportunity to draw nearer to God with Our Lady and St. Bernadette you will:
- immerse yourself in the Gospel Message of Lourdes as given by Our Lady to St. Bernadette
- have the opportunity to touch the Grotto Rock and to experience the healing grace of Lourdes Water
- receive a Eucharistic blessing and pray the Rosary
- receive a bottle of Lourdes Water
- prepare a petition to be placed in the Grotto in Lourdes, France
Come and encounter the healing grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ through His Immaculate Mother. Invite your family, children and friends! Our Lady extends her invitation to all! The next best thing to visiting Lourdes itself is a Pilgrimage journey without the travel! A Plenary Indulgence is granted to all the faithful, under the usual conditions, who attend this Experience! For more information, call Christine at 301-674-5729.
Advents Events in the Area
- Advent Family Festival. Shrine of St. Anthony, Ellicott City - Saturday, November 30 - 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. This event features Pictures with St. Nicholas, hay rides, a build your own Advent wreath workshop, a yummy craft making workshop, snacks and cider, a bon fire and more. There is no charge for this event but certain activities will accept donations.
- Greccio Living Nativity . Shrine of St. Anthony - Ellicott City - December 7th & 8th - 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM. A service of Prayers, Christmas Carols, and a Living Nativity will take place outside at the red barn with refreshments to follow. Free of charge. Bring your family and friends and encounter the true meaning of Christmas! In case of weather, Greccio will be in the Chapel.
- Parish Advent Mission. Our Lady of Perpetual Help- Ellicott City. December 3, 4, 5 at 7:00pm. OLPH is excited to host Fr. Joseph Mary from the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal as he leads three nights of time together in Mission. Each night will include a talk in the Church (Inner Healing, Forgiveness, Reconciliation and the Eucharist) and time in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.
Jesus, I Trust in You!