February 21, 2021
Ladies of TASTE,
- Monday, February 22 is the Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter commemorating Christ’s choosing Peter to sit in his place as the servant-authority of the whole Church. Christ's promise of charisms (to Peter and subsequent Popes) along with objective leadership (symbolized in this chair) is directed toward UNITY — One Lord, One faith, One Shepherd, and One flock. Thus, we honor the Chair of Saint Peter in the liturgy of the Church. HISTORY REFLECTION
- This past week, we were blessed to begin our six-part Lenten series from Mike Tenney. This first talk entitled Be Not Afraid - In Prayer, set the stage for the remaining five talks and then specifically focused on "In Prayer." During this talk, Mike shared many scriptures encouraging us to "Be Not Afraid," but to put our trust in God. He also walked through the Our Father as a model of prayer with three distinct parts — Praise, Petition, and Contrition — from which we can model our own prayers.
- Betty Albanesi's viewing/funeral has been rescheduled to this Wednesday due to bad weather last week. Details are posted on Donaldson Funeral Home website at the bottom of the page.
- Please remember to keep all priests in prayer, especially all TASTE priests and in particular, our spiritual director, Fr. Larry Swink.
- Thank you for continuing to pray for Gini Linsenmeyer as she is home with her family, but continuing to suffer greatly.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK —This week, Mike Tenney returns for the 2nd of his 6-Part Lenten Series. This week's talk is entitled Be Not Afraid - In Discernment & Decisions. This talk will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30 or anytime after it has been uploaded to our website. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 PLEASE NOTE: Opening Prayer will begin promptly at 10:20 if you would like to join us for that. The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. Remember, we are not meeting at St. Mary's until further notice.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Mike Tenney's talk entitled Be Not Afraid - In Prayer. As mentioned above, Mike gave us an organizing framework (Praise, Petition, and Contrition) to form our own personal prayers. Some may already be using that or another framework such as ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication). However, if this approach is new to you, perhaps you can try it out before small group discussion. The audio and video of his talk, Reflection Questions, and references that he mentioned are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for Terri Bueno, her husband Ramon, and Laura Chighizola's family members who are battling or recovering from COVID. Please continue to keep Gini Linsenmeyer (see above), Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Laura Chighizola, Evelyn Dunne, Katylee McInerney, and Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens) in your prayers. Please pray for the repose of Betty Albanesi's soul and God's healing and comfort for her husband Joe. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LENTEN JOURNEY — Fr. Dan Leary and Kevin Wells are offering a free/virtual Lenten series at One 2 One podcasts. Talks will be posted weekly on Fridays starting February 19th. Through the process, they will teach you about a selfless person, Venerable Fr. Al Schwartz. This future saint was instrumental in bringing Christ to the poor and transforming their communities. LINK
- VIRTUAL CATHOLIC CONFERENCE — Check out this conference entitled "My Peace I Give You" which will be held virtually on March 12-14. Attendees from last year shared with us that it was very good. LINK
- LENTEN REFLECTION BOOK & WEEKLY DEVOTIONS — To help you draw closer to God during this Lenten season, EWTN is offering a free eBook, 2021 Lenten Reflections. Fr. Joseph will share a weekly devotional along with Sunday’s Mass readings to help us prepare for a glorious celebration of Easter. As we take up our cross and follow Christ, our journey becomes one of love, healing, and forgiveness. Here is a LINK to get your free copy of the 2021 Lenten Reflections eBook. After you download it, you’ll also receive the weekly devotionals via email starting Ash Wednesday and continuing each Sunday of Lent.
- ST. JOSEPH GEMS — As we celebrate this special Year of St. Joseph, transform your routine with a daily meditation from Fr. Donald Calloway's book St. Joseph Gems: Daily Wisdom on our Spiritual Father. Meditations will begin arriving in your email on Feb. 1 and end on Dec. 8. LINK
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!