September 27, 2020
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
We hope that last week's talk on Angels has prepared you to celebrate more deeply St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael this Tuesday 9/29 and the Feast of the Guardian Angels on Friday 10/2. What a blessing it was to have Fr. Virginus Osuagwu join us and especially on such short notice. Not only did God provide, but as we heard, God actually fulfilled a promise made to Fr. Virginus 7 years ago that he would have an opportunity to speak to the women of TASTE. Thus, we can say that Father Virginus' presence was definitely divine providence!
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — We welcome back Father Chris Alar, who is a nationally known speaker, a regular host and guest on EWTN, and the Director of the Association of Marian Helpers. His talk titled “Fatima for Our Times” will be live streamed and can be watched together with your TASTE sisters at the Keesler Center or in the comfort of your home. At the end of the talk, we will be taking questions from those who come to watch it in person. With all of the talk about the new movie, FATIMA, this talk is sure to be both timely and inspiring. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- LOCATION & TIME-- St. Mary’s Parish Center (Keesler) at 800 St. Mary’s Place, Laurel, MD 20707. The Keesler Center is next door to Pallotti HS and has a parking lot in front. See LOCATION. Opening prayer will be at 10:15 and Fr. Chris will begin speaking at 10:30. Announcements will be given after Fr. Chris speaks.
- 30 DAY FAST FOR OUR COUNTRY -- 30-Day United TASTE Fast for Our Country, October 4 (feast of St. Francis of Assisi) through Nov 3 (Election Day) Fr. Larry, not only one of our favored speakers, but also the Spiritual Director of our TASTE program, issued us a challenge us, as a group, to offer a corporate, 30-day fast for our country. Based on Fr. Swink’s request, we would like to encourage our women to prayerfully discern a minimum of 1 item from each category as a fast for our country. For complete information, please go to: LINK
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION - We will reflect on Fr. Virginus Osuagwus' talk, "Engaging the Mystery and Ministry of Angels for a Deeper Catholic Experience.” Audio, Reflection Questions, and Resources for this talk (Speaker Notes, the Angelus Prayer, and Links related to Angels) are included HERE.
- For those planning to attend small group, you can use this LINK to always access materials to prepare for small group each week.
- We have now had our first couple virtual small group meetings using the Zoom application. We thank those who facilitated as well as those who have attended. If you have not yet participated, but would like to, please make sure you have the Zoom app installed on your phone, tablet or computer. LINK See attached notes.
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- The movie, FATIMA, is currently in theaters and also on TV on-Demand. To find out more about the movie or where it is playing, click HERE.
- TASTE TALKS: As mentioned in our August 31st email, not all of the talks this first semester will be in person. Each week we will be sending you information about the upcoming lecture in an email (please remember to be in touch with TASTE sisters who you know do not have email). Additionally, you can keep track of the schedule and the mode of presentation via our website at Upcoming Weeks under Schedules – See LINK
- PRAYER REQUESTS: TASTE sister, Gini Linsenmeyer continues to battle cancer and has had quite a time these last months. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Additionally, please keep Helen Martin and Kate Christianson in your prayers.
- NAME TAGS -- If you are a returning member and can bring your name tag from last year, it will be much appreciated.
- SUPPORT THE HUNGRY -- The St. Mary’s food pantry is sharing the Keesler Center with us on Thursday mornings. This is a great opportunity to bring non-perishable foods and help them meet the needs of those in the Laurel community. Organizers approached us after TASTE last week. They have an on-going need for diapers (any size) and baby wipes. They would be very grateful for those donations." See regular NEEDS
- DAILY MASS –- If you plan to attend the 9:00 daily Mass at St. Mary of the Mills, please remember there will be about a 30-minute gap between the end of Mass and the beginning of TASTE. Guidelines for attending Mass at St. Mary of the Mills are attached.
- PUBLIC HEALTH -- If you have a fever, are not feeling well or have been in contact with someone with known or suspected COVID, please stay home and listen to the lecture online.
- FACE MASKS –- must be worn while inside the Keesler Center. Please bring your own.