Johnson, Michelle Laque
- POSITIONS: Michelle Laque Johnson has more than 30 years of journalism and communications experience, as Director of Communications for EWTN, as Editor-in-Chief for The Catholic Standard & Times in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, and as an Editor/Reporter for several national publications, including Investor’s Business Daily. She is also a fully professed Secular Carmelite.
- AWARDS: In her extensive career, Michelle has been honored multiple times with Gabriel Awards for social media, with journalism awards for column writing, investigative reporting, and business and economic news, and with the Newmann Award for “outstanding contribution to family, church, profession or country and whose courage and integrity are unquestionable.”
- CAREGIVING: Michelle Laque Johnson was married to Stuart Johnson for 35 years, before he died of cancer. Stu suffered through three bouts of cancer over eight years, had his leg amputated up to the hip, and became a quadriplegic. For all but the last few months, when she could not lift him, Michelle was his sole caregiver even as she worked a full-time job. In addition to her husband, Michelle has also experienced the sudden death of her father and her beloved sister’s death from cancer, and assisted with the caregiving of her 93-year-old mother, who experienced both physical and mental challenges before her recent death.
- EDUCATION: Michelle holds a Master’s in Journalism from Northwestern University and a Master’s in Industrial Organizational Psychology from San Diego State.
- MORE: Find out more – and sign up for a free chapter from Walking the Way of the Cross for Caregivers – at www.CaregiversOfTheCross.com. Hear Michelle talk about her new book on EWTN Radio’s Take 2 With Jerry and Debbie: https://take2show.com/
- Director of Communications for EWTN
- Editor-in-Chief for The Catholic Standard & Times in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Editor/Reporter for several national publications,
- Secular Carmelite
- Irondale, Alabama