October 20, 2019
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
Our Healing Mass is only a little over one week away! We pray you are making arrangements to attend as well as considering friends and family members to invite to this time of healing. The Mass is Thursday October 31 at 10:15 am at St. Mary of the Mills. The Mass will take the place of all other TASTE activities that day. We have 5 priests who have agreed to con-celebrate the Mass, and hear confessions! There will be at least one priest hearing confessions before Mass (9:45- 10:05) and at least one priest available for confession after Mass. Since there will be so many of us attending, it is also wise to consider receiving the sacrament earlier in the week.
Eighteen first class relics will be available for veneration; after Mass a priest or deacon will be moving through the church to pray over us with a relic. To view the biographies of the saint's relics we have, visit the TASTE website.
This will be a tremendous time of prayer and healing, and it is open to all! PLEASE invite friends, family and neighbors- especially those in need of physical, emotional, or spiritual healing(this includes husbands and other men). Of course, children are also welcomed to attend. There are some opportunities to serve (i.e. greeters, ushers) and a sign up will be available this week.
This week at TASTE
- We are excited about the return of Lisa Sliker who will share her personal journey from grief to hope.
- Please continue to be generous with the sisters. They have over 20 women in the novitiate house and all take a vow of poverty. Your gifts of food and money go a long way in sustaining them.
- Susan Conroy's talk is on the website.
- The weekly reflection questions are attached to this email.
- One of the missions of TASTE is to "ENCOURAGE priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Please sign up for our Spiritual Adoption of Priests & Sisters so that we can be prepared to hand out prayer cards with names on November 7 (this is a change in date). There will be a sign up list on the piano or you can contact Jennifer Dougherty at email@example.com or 240-522-1596.
- Library. Please remember that there is a great collection of Catholic books on the bookcases on the left side of the chapel. There is a 3 ring binder where you record the book you are borrowing and then note the date when you return the book. We have purchased copies of the books from both Kevin Wells and John Mark-Maraville. Several of Susan Conroy's books were already in our library.
Upcoming Events in the Area
- "Love and Mercy: Faustina," a docudrama produced by the Marians of the Immaculate Conception follows the incredible call of St. Faustina to religious life and the healing effects of this message on countless people around the world. Selected one day showings in local theaters (10/28/10 and 12/2/19)
- Weekly Children’s Oratory with the sisters of Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matará. Each Saturday from 10:30- 12:30 for children age 6-13 years.
- Teen Girl’s invited to Pizza with the sisters! Once a month the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matará host an evening of prayer and dinner for girls age 13 and up.
Local counselor seeks to understand how Catholic Faith can help women recover from abuse. "PARTICIPANTS NEEDED! Are you female and over the age of 18? Did you experience sexual abuse prior to age 18? Do you practice the Roman Catholic faith by attending Holy Mass and having a prayer life? If you answered YES to these three questions, please, contact Marie Tylsova (a doctoral candidate in Pastoral Counseling at Loyola University Maryland) who is conducting a qualitative research study on God Images and Childhood Sexual Abuse. ALL INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL. Marie's contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-249 0729. You can also contact Carolyn Horton (email@example.com or 410-971-7055) with preliminary questions.
- "The Online Catholic- How to use your Smart Phone to Change Your Spiritual life” presented by Marco Figueiredo Monday Oct 28, 2019 at 7:30. Hosted by the Knights of Columbus in Harrison Hall at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Ellicott City.
The Shrine of St. Anthony is hosting a Night with the Saints for Kids on Oct 31st from 6:30 to 9:00.
Jesus, I Trust in You!