October 13, 2019
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
We are blessed that two TASTE sisters (Karen Giermek and Michele Cardamone) have taken up the cause of continuing the tradition of a TASTE-sponsored healing Mass. TASTE will be hosting this beautiful HEALING MASS on Thursday October 31 at 10:15 am at St. Mary of the Mills. The Mass will take the place of all other TASTE activities that day. We already have 5 priests who have agreed to con-celebrate the Mass, and hear confessions! There will be many first class relics available for veneration; after Mass a priest or deacon will be moving through the church to pray over us with a relic. This will be a tremendous time of prayer and healing, and it is open to all. PLEASE invite friends, family and neighbors- especially those in need of physical, emotional, or spiritual healing. Children are of course welcomed to attend as well. There are some opportunities to serve (i.e. greeters, ushers) and a sign up will be available this week.
This week at TASTE
- We are excited about the return of SUSAN CONROY who will remind us that we are "Daughters of the King!"
- This is the 3rd Thursday of the month and we invite all (including children) to pack lunch and stay after TASTE for the Brown Bag Lunch. This is truly a joy-filled time of fellowship. We will be blessed to have Susan Conroy join us for lunch.
- The Sisters will be returning this week, and your donations of fresh food, non-perishable food and/or money are greatly appreciated
- JOHN-MARK MIRAVALLE'S TALK is on the website.
- The weekly REFLECTION QUESTIONS are attached to this email.
- One of the missions of TASTE is to "ENCOURAGE priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Please sign up for our Spiritual Adoption of Priests & Sisters so that we can be prepared to hand out prayer cards with names on October 24. There will be a sign up list on the piano or you can contact Jennifer Dougherty at email@example.com or 240-522-1596.
- Small group. We are aware that some of you are struggling to hear in the chapel. While it is wonderful that we are so many who want to grow in our faith, we recognize that the result can be noisy at times! Unfortunately, there is no other space available in the school, and thus we need to do the best we can with what we have been provided. That said, we are asking everyone to do their best to keep the group noise down, while at the same speaking clearly when it is your turn to share. If you have suggestions or other concerns, please talk to your small group facilitator or Carolyn Horton.
Upcoming Events in the Area
Local counselor seeks to understand how Catholic Faith can help women recover from abuse. "PARTICIPANTS NEEDED! Are you female and over the age of 18? Did you experience sexual abuse prior to age 18? Do you practice the Roman Catholic faith by attending Holy Mass and having a prayer life? If you answered YES to these three questions, please, contact Marie Tylsova (a doctoral candidate in Pastoral Counseling at Loyola University Maryland) who is conducting a qualitative research study on God Images and Childhood Sexual Abuse. ALL INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL. Marie's contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-249 0729. You can also contact Carolyn Horton (email@example.com or 410-971-7055) with preliminary questions.
- "The Online Catholic- How to use your Smart Phone to Change Your Spiritual life” presented by Marco Figueiredo Monday Oct 28, 2019 at 7:30. Hosted by the Knights of Columbus in Harrison Hall at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Ellicott City.
The Shrine of St. Anthony is hosting a NIGHT WITH THE SAINTS for Kids on Oct 31st from 6:30 to 9:00.
Jesus, I Trust in You!