DRAFT OF NEXT WEEK'S BULLETIN
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
As Ash Wednesday approaches this week, we were so blessed to have Fr. Gurnee talk to us about preparing our heart for Lent. He asked us to consider: 1) Quieting our mouth/lips, body, and mind to allow God to speak to us, 2) Praying the Stations of the Cross by ourselves and meditating on parallel challenges in our life for which we need God's strength and grace, and 3) Praying to and through our patron Saint (perhaps our middle or confirmation name). If you have not already done so, take a few moments to consider what you might want to do during this journey of Lent. As a help, recall that there are a lot of books on the lives of Saints in the TASTE library which can be especially enlightening during Lent.
This week at TASTE
- NEW TALK -- Holly Novotny kicks off our Lenten Series on Prayer as she talks to us about "Overcoming Our Root Sins." READ MORE . She will have available a book on this subject for just $5.
- SMALL GROUP -- We will reflect on Fr. Bill Gurnee's talk, "Preparing our Hearts for Lent" Reflection Questions and the talk are LINKED.
Special Prayer Request:
- RECENT REQUESTS -- Please pray for Della Grace Wark, a TASTE tot and grand daughter to Valerie Hayden. Della is almost 4-years old and has not been able to walk due to CP. She is having spine surgery the first week of March and it is the only real hope of her ever walking independent. She will be in pediatric rehab for 2 months post op. Please shower her and her family with prayers.
- CONTINUED REQUESTS -- Please continue prayers for: Kate Christianson, Ginny Linsenmeyer, Linda Johnson, Kay Robinson, Jan Scott, Cathy Farinelli, Laura Chighizola, Simms d'Almeida, and Fr. John Rapidarda.
- NEW REQUESTS -- Please contact Carolyn Horton - email@example.com if you are in need of prayer for a significant health concern and would like to be on the prayer list.
- BOOK SALE -- We will have a Book Sale this week. Holly Novotny will have available a book on Overcoming Our Root Sin for just $5. Payment can be made by cash, check, Venmo, or PayPal friends and family.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IN CHAPEL -- We are so blessed to have the use of the Pallotti Chapel for our TASTE program. Please do not bring food or drink into the chapel. Sealed water bottles are always acceptable.
- ASSISTANCE TO THE POOR -- Through financial support, we can assist St. Vincent Pallotti High School's Pack & Pray Program. In this annual service project, Pallotti HS partners with Cross Catholic Charities to package up food for 40,000 meals!! To achieve this goal, they are looking to raise $10,000 to purchase supplies. A perfect Lenten almsgiving opportunity! If you would like to help, checks may be made payable to St. Vincent Pallotti HS.
- TASTE MEMBER IN BALTIMORE SUN -- On of our own, Mary Anna Rice, was featured in the Baltimore Sun as an Old Town Laurel resident since 1965 who celebrated her 89th birthday. See the ARTICLE.
- WEB ACCESS -- We just updated the new tab titled THIS MONTH. It now shows ALL of the remaining talks through the end of our semester.
Upcoming Events in the Area
- MARY'S MANTLE LENTEN STUDY -- This study led by Fr. Dan Leary starts Feb 26th, 2020. Books available @ St. Andrew Apostle Catholic Church on Ash Wednesday. Fr. Dan intends to release his vision for the journey and healing opportunities at those masses. Discover the simplicity of pondering our God-given virtues and grow in your relationship with Christ. (Digital book access is free online. Each star represents a daily virtue and corresponds with a star on Our Lady of Guadalupe's Mantle (Manto). DETAILS CONTACT/SIGN UP
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS WITH MEDITATION -- Our Lady of Perpetual Help is hosting an Extended Stations of the Cross with Meditation on February 28th from 7:00-9:00 PM. DETAILS.
- LENTEN PARISH MISSION WITH FR. SWINK -- St. Mary of the Mills is hosting a Three-Part Lenten Parish Mission "I Will Make All Things New" on March 23rd, 24th, and 25th starting at 7:30 PM each evening. Please save the date as further details will be forthcoming.
- SEDER MEAL -- St. Anthony's Shrine is hosting a Seder Meal on Thursday, April 2, 2020, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM. Reserve your seat early to join in this meal to enter more deeply into the Jewish Passover and the mystery of the Last Supper celebrated by Christ and his disciples. DETAILS.
- LENTEN STUDY WITH SUSAN BRINKMANN -- Leave it to St. Teresa of Avila to tell it like it is! In her book, The Interior Castle, she helps the soul to see themselves for who they really are - not for a morbid reason, but to help them overcome their faults in order to achieve union with God.Lent is the perfect time to explore her genius by taking a journey with her through the seven mansions of the soul in order to discover those hidden weaknesses that are the root cause of the sin in your life. This 8-week virtual course, taught by Susan Brinkmann, OCDS of the Catholic Life Institute. RESISTRATION.
Jesus, I Trust in You!
Each Week, we post a bulletin that contains:
- LAST WEEK’S TALK — Summary Sheet and Questions from last week’s speaker to support small group discussion
- UPCOMING TALK / SPEAKER — Reminder of the topic for this week’s talk and short bio of the speaker.
- UPCOMING EVENTS — Upcoming Catholic events in the local area.
- SPECIAL REMINDERS — Prayer Requests, Monthly brown bag lunch, Special offers to move excess inventory (e.g., books and bags)