DRAFT -- HOW TO GUIDE
December 11, 2022
- Christmas message?
- Last week we welcomed back Mike Tenney as he gave a talk entitled "Confirmation: Life In The Power of the Holy Spirit." To be continued... MORE
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- Christmas break — We are off beginning this week and will resume with talks on January 19, 2023 via Zoom for three weeks, before we meet again in person on February 9.
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — Only the Zoom Small group will meet this week on Tuesday, December 13 at 10:30. All are welcome to join in as we discuss Mike Tenney's talk entitled "Confirmation: Life In The Power of the Holy Spirit." The audio, video and reflection questions can all be found HERE. Details on how to join the Zoom meeting can be found at the bottom of this page.
- SPECIAL ACCESS — Exciting News! Bill Keimig has provided the TASTE Program with our very own membership to the Catechetical Institute's "Franciscan At Home" completely free of charge to you! With this membership, we have workshops available to us on our computer given by excellent instructors such as Dr. Scott Hahn, Dr. Bob Rice, and our very dear friend, Dr. Bill Keimig! You can go as deep as you like in your study or just explore various topics involving catechizing all age groups, parenting, holy families, the Eucharist, discipleship, and many more. The link to set up your account under TASTE's membership is HERE. Questions? Feel free to email Karen Giermek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and our ability to offer child care if needed. This week, please pray for: 1) the repose of the soul of Eileen Harte (Debbie Schmidt's mother) , 2) a speedy recovery of Debbie Schmidt's health so she can be completely healthy for planning funeral services, and God’s comfort and Grace for her loss, 3) the repose of the soul of Robert "Bob" Berens, father to Mary Regan (former TASTE member) and grandfather to Fr. Kevin Regan, a TASTE speaker, 4) complete healing and swift recovery from Fr. Swink's recent back surgery, 5) Katylee McInerney and her husband Joe's healing who need extra prayers this week, 6) healing from Julie Reynold's cataract surgery and safe delivery of a healthy baby for her daughter, 7) Mike Frentz who is suffering from partial loss of eyesight, that it will not worsen, 8) eradication of Kate Christianson's cancer, 9) God's complete physical and spiritual healing for Helen Griffith's brother-in-law Rod, 10) healing for Maryanna Rice after a recent fall, and 11) for peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at email@example.com.
- DONATIONS — There are 3 ways you can donate to TASTE to help defray our costs: 1) in-person, 2) electronically on our web site, or 3) by physical mail. Checks should be made out to "TASTE" and can be mailed to: Joy Parker, 12649 W Oak Drive, Mount Airy, MD 21771. As usual, thank you so much for your generosity!
- We look forward to seeing each and every one of you this week and then via Zoom on 1/19/23!
CARRY-OVERS - The below information is carried over from the last email.
- BONUS TALK — A unique opportunity just presented itself and we would love to share it with you. Our talk on "The Giftedness of Women" was regrettably canceled a few weeks ago. In addition to that, we were hoping to have Sr. Mary Madeline Todd, O.P. speak to us this year, but because of her teaching schedule at Mount de Sales Academy, she is not able to join us on a Thursday morning. Sr. Mary Madeline is in the same Dominican Sister order as our dear friend, Sr. Mary Michael Fox, O.P. In fact, Sr. Mary Michael refers to Sr. Mary Madeline affectionately as a "rock star" speaker! We are so excited to share this talk delivered by Sr. Mary Madeline at The Given Institute Forum just days ago, entitled "Entrusted With the Feminine Genius". Sr. Mary Madeline's talk beautifully addresses the topic of our giftedness as women, and we have the privilege of hearing her speak. We hope you will be deeply moved and inspired by it. Take a listen HERE and please share it with the other women in your lives. This is just for your edification. We will not be having small group discussion questions on this talk.
- FR. SWINK — Fr. Larry said he has turned the corner in a good way and he continues to get his strength back. The surgery went well. He is very hopeful of a good recovery. Thank you all for your prayers for Father! I truly believe they are very vital! Also, we have heard that a number of women wanted Fr. Swink's address to send Get Well cards. Here it is. Fr. Larry Swink, St. Cecelia Catholic Church, 47950 Mattapany Road, P.O. Box 429, St. Mary's City, Maryland 20686
- SUPPORT OUR PRIESTS — A few weeks ago, we had our Spiritually Adopt a Priest/Seminarian ceremony. Thanks to all who are participating in this program since one of our three missions is to encourage priests in their ministry. If you missed the opportunity to sign up and would like to participate, please email Jennifer.A.Dougherty@protonmail.com. Additionally, here is an ARTICLE about 7 ways to support your priest.
- ROSARIES — Gabriella Oh has very graciously offered to repair, during TASTE, any broken rosaries you may have. She would also like to collect any unused or broken rosaries that she can repair and send to a mission. Gabriella is our TASTE member who generously made all the red and black rosary bracelets that were given out the first week or two of class. In addition, we will have for sale beautiful one and two decade rosary bracelets that she has made with all proceeds going to TASTE! Also, if anyone is interested, she is willing to teach rosary making.
BILL'S WEBSITE — Bill Keimig mentioned that content to their website is for free. If you are in the Arch of Baltimore, follow this LINK. There is a drop down menu of all the parishes and schools that are registered with them. You can use their membership to create an account. Unfortunately, the Arch of Washington only have the following 2 memberships through this LINK (Holy Cross Church and St. Elizabeth Catholic Church in Rockville).
- PILGRIMAGE — Fr. Larry Swink and Fr. Tim Daniel will be the Spiritual Directors for a pilgrimage to France May 21-30, 2023. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, see this LINK
- PARKING — We want to remind everyone various areas for parking: 1) St Mary of the Mills Church and School parking lot, 2) The Keesler Center parking lot, 3) The Phelps Center where the Laurel Boys and Girls Club meet, 4) Street parking., 5) No parking in Rectory Lot as it is for 10 to 15 minute visitor parking to the rectory only
- THE EUCHARIST - This year's TASTE theme "ABIDE IN ME" aligns with our Church's 3-year Eucharistic Revival (Additional LINK). As mentioned earlier, Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miracles of the World.
- CHILD CARE - If you are in need of child care to attend TASTE, please contact Joy Parker firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Likewise, if you know of any young mothers who you think would like to come to TASTE, but would need babysitting to do so, please contact Joy about this as well.
- REGISTRATION - We want to say thank you to all of the women who have already registered as it helps us significantly with our planning. If you haven't registered yet or if you know someone who is interested in attending, please sign up and/or encourage them to do the same. REGISTRATION LINK.
- INVITE A FRIEND - We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back our beloved Susan Conroy as she gives a talk entitled "TBD."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome Sr. Faustina Maria Pia as she gives a talk entitled "The Pro-Life Movement: Jesus is the Answer."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome Fr. Timothy Gallagher as he gives a talk entitled "A Biblical Way of Praying the Mass."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Fr. Ebuka Mbanude as he gives a talk entitled "Sacrament of Healing (Confession) to Prepare for the Eucahrist."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome Elizabeth Leon as she gives a talk entitled "Let Yourself Be Loved."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome Deacon Jim Munno as he beings our Lenten series with a talk entitled "Return To Me."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Deacon Jim Munno as he continues our Lenten series with a talk entitled "Be Converted."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Deacon Jim Munno as he continues our Lenten series with a talk entitled "Detest Your Sins."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Deacon Jim Munno as he continues our Lenten series with a talk entitled "Rejoice."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Deacon Jim Munno as he continues our Lenten series with a talk entitled "From Death to Life."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Deacon Jim Munno as he concludes our Lenten series with a talk entitled "Embracing the Cross."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome Michelle Laque Johnson as she gives a talk entitled "Caregiving: A Journey of Love."
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Susan Brinkmann as she gives a talk entitled "TBD."
- Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Laura Chighizola, Evelyn Dunne
- Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens) and Linda Marcus (mother of Alyssa Andrews).
- Linda Johnson’s great nephew Dylan who had heart transplant surgery and is not doing well.
- Donna DeLorenzo who had emergency surgery several weeks ago.
- Sarah Strauser, 17 year old daughter of a friend of Theresa Williamson, who is suffering greatly from scoliosis and is unable to tolerate pain medications.
- Sr. Mary Michael's sister Chris who needs a medical miracle from St. Joseph to cure stage 4 cancer in her lungs.
- INFO / REGISTRATION — To see the most current information, details are included HERE. If you haven't already registered, please do so while you are on that page since we refresh our mailing list every year. Also, don't forget to invite a friend!
Each Week, we post a bulletin that contains:
- LAST WEEK’S TALK — Summary Sheet and Questions from last week’s speaker to support small group discussion
- UPCOMING TALK / SPEAKER — Reminder of the topic for this week’s talk and short bio of the speaker.
- UPCOMING EVENTS — Upcoming Catholic events in the local area.
- SPECIAL REMINDERS — Prayer Requests, Monthly brown bag lunch, Special offers to move excess inventory (e.g., books and bags)