DRAFT -- HOW TO GUIDE
To prevent the color format from being removed after you publish, simply hit “SAVE” at the bottom of the page and then “DONE” and “PUBLISH” at the top of the page, the formatting would be preserved.
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- We hope you all are enjoying our summer break.
- OPENING — Opening...
- CASSEROLE COVER — One of our ladies left their 10” X 15” blue plastic Pyrex casserole dish cover at our end of year brunch. If you are the one who is missing this cover, please reply to this email. Helen Griffith has it for safe keeping and is looking forward to returning it to its proper owner.
- PILGRIMAGE TO ITALY — There are still a few slots left to go on a pilgrimage to Italy with spiritual directors: Fr. Samuel Plummer and Fr. Mark Cusick from 9-19 July 2023. If interested, see: FLYER
- CHILD CARE — We are blessed that the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord offered to return to TASTE in the Fall to support our child care. Given that this will allow young mothers to come to TASTE who may not have been able to in the past couple years, please help us share the word.
- RECENT EUCHARISTIC MIRACLE — The Archdiocese of Hartford (Conneticut) is investigating a possible eucharistic miracle that may have taken place during the celebration of the Mass at St. Thomas Catholic Church in Thomaston. One of their eucharistic ministers was running out of hosts and suddenly there were more hosts in the ciborium. God seemed to duplicate himself in the ciborium. ARTICLE VIDEO1 VIDEO2
- CATECHESIS ON THE EUCHARIST — Fr. Mattia from St. Mary of the Mills has presented 3 of his 4 talks on the Eucharist. His 4th and final talk is next Tuesday at 7:00 in the Breen Room (Church Basement). His past talks are available on YouTube. TALK1 TALK2 TALK3
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and the logistics of offering childcare next year. This week, please pray for: 1) Fr. Swink for resolution of his back problems, 2) Susan Conroy as she continues to have medical issues, 3) Katylee McInerney as she continues treatment for cancer, 4) Sheila Bisson and her mother Ann Drobach as Sheila relocates her to Maryland for assisted living 5) for Patti Fisher's nephew, Ryan, who suddenly passed away in a car accident; please pray for the repose of Ryan's soul and for the consolation of the entire Fisher family, 6) the repose of Debbie Schmidt's father-in-law Jack Schmidt who passed away on Easter and for their family, especially his daughter Cyndi, 7) gratitude for Kate Christianson's healing and continued prayers for overall health, 8) healing for Jennifer Dougherty's mother Kay's multiple fractures after a fall, 9) God's complete physical and spiritual healing for Helen Griffith's brother-in-law Rod, 10) Kara Helfenbein's daughter Ellie Carter for healing from complications of a bone marrow treatment for AML, and 11) peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joy, Michele, Karen, and Helen
Jesus, I trust in You!
- TASTE Small Group on Zoom -- Updated
- E-Invitation:1-Sided Front Back2022/2023
CARRY-OVERS - The below information is carried over from the last email.
- PRIEST VIEW OF CONFESSION — Fr. Mike Schmitz wrote that describes what Confession is like for a Priest. Some women asked us to share it again. For those who may have missed it the first time here is the ARTICLE.
- SPECIAL ACCESS — Exciting News! Bill Keimig has provided the TASTE Program with our very own membership to the Catechetical Institute's "Franciscan At Home" completely free of charge to you! With this membership, we have workshops available to us on our computer given by excellent instructors such as Dr. Scott Hahn, Dr. Bob Rice, and our very dear friend, Dr. Bill Keimig! You can go as deep as you like in your study or just explore various topics involving catechizing all age groups, parenting, holy families, the Eucharist, discipleship, and many more. The link to set up your account under TASTE's membership is HERE. Questions? Feel free to email Karen Giermek at email@example.com.
- THE EUCHARIST - This year's TASTE theme "ABIDE IN ME" aligns with our Church's 3-year Eucharistic Revival (Additional LINK). As mentioned earlier, Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miracles of the World.
- INVITE A FRIEND - It is We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.
- LAST WEEK — We welcomed back Susan Brinkmann as she gave our final talk of the season entitled "How to Save the World in One Hour: Eucharistic Adoration in the 21st Century." MORE
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Susan Brinkmann as she gives a talk entitled "How to Save the World in One Hour: Eucharistic Adoration in the21st Century."
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION —
- Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Laura Chighizola, Evelyn Dunne
- Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens) and Linda Marcus (mother of Alyssa Andrews).
- Linda Johnson’s great nephew Dylan who had heart transplant surgery and is not doing well.
- Donna DeLorenzo who had emergency surgery several weeks ago.
- Sarah Strauser, 17 year old daughter of a friend of Theresa Williamson, who is suffering greatly from scoliosis and is unable to tolerate pain medications.
- Sr. Mary Michael's sister Chris who needs a medical miracle from St. Joseph to cure stage 4 cancer in her lungs.
- INFO / REGISTRATION — To see the most current information, details are included HERE. If you haven't already registered, please do so while you are on that page since we refresh our mailing list every year. Also, don't forget to invite a friend!
Each Week, we post a bulletin that contains:
- LAST WEEK’S TALK — Summary Sheet and Questions from last week’s speaker to support small group discussion
- UPCOMING TALK / SPEAKER — Reminder of the topic for this week’s talk and short bio of the speaker.
- UPCOMING EVENTS — Upcoming Catholic events in the local area.
- SPECIAL REMINDERS — Prayer Requests, Monthly brown bag lunch, Special offers to move excess inventory (e.g., books and bags)