October 27, 2019
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
Please remember that our Healing Mass will take the place of all our TASTE activities this week. It will begin at 10:15 am on Thursday October 31st at St. Mary of the Mills Church. We look forward to seeing you there. Please note that this event is open to women, men, and children. This being the case, we encourage you to invite family, friends, and neighbors to this very special time of physical, emotional, or spiritual healing. Given that the last Healing Mass TASTE sponsored was in 2015, this is a unique opportunity. We encourage you and others to come and rejoice in this outpouring of God’s love.
We have 5 priests who have agreed to con-celebrate the Mass, and hear confessions! There will be at least one priest hearing confessions before Mass (9:45- 10:05) and at least one priest available for confession after Mass. Since there will be so many of us attending, it is also wise to consider receiving the sacrament earlier in the week. Eighteen first class relics will be available for veneration and after Mass a priest or deacon will be moving through the church to pray over us with a relic. To view the biographies of the saint's relics we have, visit the TASTE website.
This week at TASTE
- Please make sure to contact Jennifer Dougherty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-522-1596. this week if you want to be assigned a priest (or sister) during our ceremony next week, November 7th.
- The sisters will NOT be here this week. Please hold your donations until November 7th.
Special prayer request for:
- Please continue to pray for young Nicholas Letzer who is having a neurological evaluation.
- Please pray for TASTE sisters who are mourning the loss of a loved one or battling a serious illness.
- Lisa Sliker's talk is on the website.
- The weekly reflection questions are attached to this email.
- Website: Talks. We hope you are enjoying the quick access to the talks. They are posted each Friday by noon. You can get to them by: Schedules & Speakers →Talks; the most recent talk is on the top of the list. You can also access via the individual speaker's page. Schedules & Speakers →Speakers → Database of our Speakers→ type name in the search box or scroll down the alphabetical listing
- Website: Weekly Bulletin. The weekly email is also published on the website. Sometimes it gets to the website before it gets emailed. You can access via: Schedules & Speakers →This week. Please note, at the bottom of the page you can find links to previous weekly emails.
Upcoming Events in the Area
- "Love and Mercy: Faustina," a docudrama produced by the Marians of the Immaculate Conception follows the incredible call of St. Faustina to religious life and the healing effects of this message on countless people around the world. Selected one day showings in local theaters (10/28/10 and 12/2/19)
- Weekly Children’s Oratory with the Sisters of Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matará. Each Saturday from 10:30- 12:30 for children ages 6-13 years. (see attached for details)
The Shrine of St. Anthony is hosting a Night with the Saints for kids on Oct 31st from 6:30 to 9:00.
Jesus, I Trust in You!