December 8, 2019
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
This week is our last TASTE for 2019! What a wonderful first semester we have had! We pray you have been blessed by both the teachings and your small group. Have you met some new women-- its not too late! Please know that our prayers will be with you and your family over the Christmas break. TASTE will resume on Thursday, January 16th, 2020.
This week at TASTE
- NEW TALK -- We welcome MIKE TENNEY. He talk is titled, "How Catholics Can Save America."
- SMALL GROUP -- This week, we will reflect on FR. DAN LEARY's talk from last week titled "Advent Preparation: God's Gift of the Christ Child." Audio and Reflection Questions are LINKED. (Once there, please click on the Title of the desired talk to access the recording, Reflection Questions, and any additional documents/links)
- DIVINE MERCY CHAPLET will be prayed after talk. All are welcome, including children.
- THE SISTERS continue to be grateful for our much needed donations of food and cash. Thank you for helping them.
- TASTE TOTE BAG & BOOK SALE. There will be some new books this week. Purchase a TASTE tote bag + 3 books for $15.00. (books only are 3 for $10.00). Payment may be made by cash or check.
Special Prayer Request for:
- Please pray for Linda Johnson who is recovering from surgery for breast cancer.
- TASTE SUPPORTING WINTER SHELTER -- We have signed up for 28 December for about 30 homeless people. We are in need are of support for the dinner to be served on 28 December. The menu includes: Pulled Pork BBQ, Rolls, Cole Slaw, Green Beans, Drinks, and Cookies/Brownies and would greatly appreciate your contributions. Additionally, if 3 of our members could stay from 6:00-9:00 pm to serve food and socialize with the homeless guests, that would be very helpful. Please use the SIGN UP GENIUS if you can. If you have any questions or need help with the sign-up, please contact Beverly Simmons — 301-776 -3351, SIMBJ@AOL.COM. Alternatively, if you prefer to offer financial support for this event, you can put a donation in an envelope labeled "Winter Shelter" in the weekly collection.
- PARKING -- Parking is no longer allowed at the Phelps Center/Laurel Boys and Girls club lot; they are ticketing and towing. Please use street parking and the Keesler Center parking lot.
Upcoming Events in the Area
- ST. FAUSTINA: LOVE AND MERCY is playing in theaters in the area on December 10th. SEE HERE to find a theater near you.
- Teen Girl’s (age 13 and up) are invited to pizza with the sisters on Friday evening, December 20th. Hosted by the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matará includes an evening of prayer and a pizza dinner. READ MORE
Advent Events in the Area
- ADVENT SERIES ON HUMILITY -- The Advent Season is not only a time when we meditate on the beauty and mystery of the Incarnation, but it is also a perfect time to meditate on the virtue of humility. St. Mary of the Mills is offering an Advent Series to look at this important virtue based on the rule of St. Benedict and his "Ladder of Humility" as it offers 12 Steps to Genuine Christian Humility. This Advent Series will be three Wednesday evening (December 4, 11, and 18) from 7:30-8:30. The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed during each presentation with the opportunity for Confession following. READ MORE ...
- ADVENT VESPERS at the National Basilica are at 4:00 p.m. each Sunday of Advent. READ MORE
Jesus, I Trust in You!