November 17, 2019
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
As we approach the holidays (both Thanksgiving and Christmas), we wanted to remind you of our upcoming schedule. Can you believe that we only have three sessions left before the New Year?
After this week's session (11/21), we will be off the following week (11/28) for Thanksgiving. Then, we will have 2 sessions during Advent (12/5 and 12/12). We will be off for 4 weeks in celebration of Christmas and New Years and we will return on 1/16.
There will be a special "stocking stuffer" book sale at TASTE during our two meetings in December! TASTE totes and various Catholic paperbacks will be on sale for you or your loved ones.
As you begin preparations for Thanksgiving, we want to wish you, your family and friends a joyful celebration. You will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers especially during these weeks that we will not be together.
This week at TASTE
- We welcome Colleen Duggan. She will be sharing from her book, Good Enough is Good Enough-Confessions of An Imperfect Catholic Mom.
- After her talk, there will be a book sale and signing. Payment may be made by cash, check or Venmo.
- We have invited a priest to hear confessions, but do not yet have confirmation.
- Brown Bag Lunch is this week, the 3rd Thursday of the month. Please pack a lunch and plan to stay for fellowship with TASTE sisters. We will meet again in the Sister Lucy Lobby (the large lobby at the other end of the school where we met in October). Children are welcomed!
Special prayer request for:
- Please remember Ginny L. and Linda J., TASTE sister's who are currently battling cancer. We also pray for all TASTE sister's with health challenges.
- Please pray for the TASTE program (TASTE prayer card) that God will send workers to this particular vineyard as well as new women who He desires to love and teach through TASTE.
- Parking is no longer allowed at the Phelps Center/Laurel Boys and Girls club lot; they are ticketing and towing. Please use street parking and the Keesler Center parking lot.
- Small group. This week we will reflect on Susan Brinkmann's talk from November 14, 2019, on The Catholic Alternative to Mindfulness.
- The REFLECTION QUESTIONS are attached to this email.
Upcoming Events in the Area
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospitality North American Volunteers will present a 2-hour Lourdes Virtual Pilgrimage Experience™ at the Church of the Resurrection- 3175 Paulskirk Drive-Ellicott City, MD 21042 - on Tuesday, December 3rd at 7:00 pm. As part of this spiritual opportunity to draw nearer to God with Our Lady and St. Bernadette you will:
- immerse yourself in the Gospel Message of Lourdes as given by Our Lady to St. Bernadette
- have the opportunity to touch the Grotto Rock and to experience the healing grace of Lourdes Water
- receive a Eucharistic blessing and pray the Rosary
- receive a bottle of Lourdes Water
- prepare a petition to be placed in the Grotto in Lourdes, France
Come and encounter the healing grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ through His Immaculate Mother. Invite your family, children and friends! Our Lady extends her invitation to all! The next best thing to visiting Lourdes itself is a Pilgrimage journey without the travel! A Plenary Indulgence is granted to all the faithful, under the usual conditions, who attend this Experience! For more information, call Christine at 301-674-5729.
- International Day of Prayer for the Church. December 6, 2019 has been set as a day of fasting, prayer and reparation, “for the purpose of driving out any diabolic influence within the Church that has been gained as a result of recent events,” and Fr. Larry Swink is encouraging us to participate. Details and suggested prayers can be found in this article.
Advent Events in the Area
- Advent Family Festival. Shrine of St. Anthony, Ellicott City - Saturday, November 30 - 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. This event features Pictures with St. Nicholas, hay rides, a build your own Advent wreath workshop, a yummy craft making workshop, snacks and cider, a bon fire and more. There is no charge for this event but certain activities will accept donations.
- Greccio Living Nativity . Shrine of St. Anthony - Ellicott City - December 7th & 8th - 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM. A service of Prayers, Christmas Carols, and a Living Nativity will take place outside at the red barn with refreshments to follow. Free of charge. Bring your family and friends and encounter the true meaning of Christmas! In case of weather, Greccio will be in the Chapel.
- Parish Advent Mission. Our Lady of Perpetual Help- Ellicott City. December 3, 4, 5 at 7:00pm. OLPH is excited to host Fr. Joseph Mary from the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal as he leads three nights of time together in Mission. Each night will include a talk in the Church (Inner Healing, Forgiveness, Reconciliation and the Eucharist) and time in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.
- Advent Series on Humility. The Advent Season is not only a time when we meditate on the beauty and mystery of the Incarnation, but it is also a perfect time to meditate on the virtue of humility. St. Mary of the Mills is offering an Advent Series to look at this important virtue based on the rule of St. Benedict and his "Ladder of Humility" as it offers 12 Steps to Genuine Christian Humility. This Advent Series will be three Wednesday evening (December 4, 11, and 18) from 7:30-8:30. The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed during each presentation with the opportunity for Confession following.
- Advent Vespers at the National Basilica are at 4:00 p.m. each Sunday of Advent.
Jesus, I Trust in You!