October 6, 2019
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
October is a wonderful month to be Catholic! On Monday October 7 we celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. Over the weekend we celebrated the Feast of St. Faustina. Upcoming feasts this month include: St. John XXIII (10/11); St. Teresa of Avila (10/15); St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (10/16); St Ignatius of Antioch (10/17); St. Luke (10/18): Pope St. John Paul II (10/22) and several more! These feasts are invitations to celebrate our Catholic heritage and our brothers and sisters who intercede for us, the Church Militant. Pray to them and ask them to intercede for you and your loved ones.
This week at TASTE
- We welcome the JOHN-MARK MIRAVALLE, author and professor of Systematic and Moral theology at Mount St. Mary’s Seminary in Emmitsburg, Maryland. He will speak on "Beauty and the Joy of the Catholic Life"
- The sisters will NOT be attending TASTE to care for our TOTs. Would you be able to volunteer to help the 2 other adults who will be caring for the children? Please contact Christine Divver at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 674-5729
- Please do not bring food for the Sisters this week.
- This is the second Thursday of the month and we invite all (including children) to stay after TASTE for the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
Special prayer request for:
- Nicholas Letzer, son of Melanie Letzer, who is undergoing a neurological medical work up.
- TASTE sister's battling health issues. Family members of TASTE sisters battling cancer.
- Protection and spiritual rewards for all TASTE speakers
- BILL KEIMIG'S TALK, "Abide in My Joy so your Joy Will be Complete " is available on the website or by clicking the link.
- The weekly REFLECTION QUESTIONS are attached to this email.
- Brown Bag Lunch is held on the third Thursday of each month, which will be next week, October 17. This is really a wonderful opportunity to get to know TASTE sisters! If your schedule allows, please pack a lunch and join us next week!
- One of the missions of TASTE is to "ENCOURAGE priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Please sign up for our Spiritual Adoption of Priests & Sisters so that we can be prepared to hand out prayer cards with names on October 24. There will be a sign up list on the piano or you can contact Jennifer Dougherty at email@example.com or 240-522-1596
- TASTE will be holding a beautiful healing Mass on Thursday October 31. There will be many first class relics available for veneration. This will be a tremendous time of prayer and healing with multiple priests available for confession. There are some opportunities to serve (i.e. greeters, ushers) and a sign up will be available this week.
- Lost and Found. there was a black Croft and Barrow knit jacket left over back of kneeler on the right hand side about half way down. I folded it and put it on window ledge near the TASTE stuff.
- Small group. Every woman of TASTE (that means you) has valuable insights to share! Each of us is called to respectfully listen to our sisters, even in areas of disagreement. Not a single one of us has “arrived”- small groups provides a remarkable opportunity to love, learn and encourage each other along the way!
Upcoming Events in the Area
Mass in Italian sponsored by the Sons of Italy. Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. Celebrant: Father Anthony (homily in English). Followed by reception (coffee and sweets).
Marian Consecration Use the 33 Days to Morning Glory Do-It-Yourself Retreat format to make a Marian consecration on the Feast of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary on Thursday, November 21. Preparation begins on October 19th. Please sign-up by October 7th. Contact Laura for details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-339-0168 (cell)
- "The Online Catholic- How to use your Smart Phone to Change Your Spiritual life” presented by Marco Figueiredo Monday Oct 28, 2019 at 7:30. Hosted by the Knights of Columbus in Harrison Hall at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Ellicott City.