September 22, 2019
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
What a wonderful day we had on Thursday as we started our 13th year of TASTE! We were so pleased that Fr. Lickteig dropped by to encourage us and give us a priestly blessing. Fr. Larry provided an inspirational message to get us fired up to "Live our Catholic Faith in a Secular World." Our chapel was completely filled with TASTE sisters eager to grow in the faith. We are thrilled that 159 women are registered for TASTE, but there is always room for more!
This week at TASTE
- We welcome local Catholic author, KEVIN WELLS who will speak from his recently published book, The Priests We Need to Save the Church.
- Listen to FR. LARRY'S TALK
- Attached to this email are the REFLECTION QUESTIONS Questions from last week.
Special Prayer Request
- Beverly Simmons for a speedy recovery after surgery last Thursday.
- Cash and food donations will be accepted for the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord who help in our TASTE for TOTs childcare each week. They have a large convent and are greatly blessed by the assistance we provide them.
- Enrollment in TASTE is ongoing through the year, so you can continue to invite friends and family. Before you leave TASTE next week, pick up a few TASTE postcards that you can use to share the word!
- Our small groups are designed to provide a place for each of us to both share our joys and wrestle with the challenges of living our Christian faith. All of us are on a personal journey to our Lord and the Deposit of Faith of the Catholic Church is our true and steady guide! We are so very blessed!
Upcoming Events in the Area
- Love and Respect Marriage Conference. Women need love. Men need respect. It’s as simple and as complicated as that. Dr. Emerson & Sarah Eggerichs present the Love & Respect Marriage Video Conference - a dynamic, practical seminar designed to help couples and singles achieve the relationship of their dreams. Based on Ephesians 5:33, Emerson and Sarah bring a message that imparts revolutionary insights on how to achieve a brand-new level of intimacy and friendship. Join us at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church in Ellicott City, Maryland, Friday 9/27/19 6:00-10:00 pm and Saturday 9/28 9:00 am-2:30 pm, in the Parish center gym. $20.00/person. TICKETS. Childcare is available.
- 40 Hours Eucharistic Adoration in Reparation to Our Lord at St. Patrick Church 4101 Norbeck Rd Rockville, MD. This event will begin with a Eucharistic Procession on Sunday, October 6 at 2pm. Adoration continues through October 8 from 9:30 am – 7:30 pm.
- A Marian Team under the guidance of Fr. Dan Leary, a 2019 TASTE speaker, is ready to prepare you for a Marian Consecration on Thursday, November 21. The study will use the 33 Days to Morning Glory Do-It-Yourself Retreat format and is open to all parishes with optional Group or Individual Meetings available. Day 1 of reading begins October 19th. Please sign-up by October 7th to allow for the purchasing/ordering of books in English or Spanish. Contact Laura for details: firstname.lastname@example.org 719-339-0168 (cell)
- Pray the FLAME OF LOVE ROSARY on the phone using the Holy Hour prayers.