- Joan is a independent Catholic speaker and writer who loves to make Scripture, theology, liturgy, and history accessible and applicable. Propelled by Luke 12:48, she is passionate about helping others encounter Christ and enter into friendship with Him through the daily circumstances of life.
- EDUCATION — She graduated from Christendom College in 2006 with a B.A. in History and a zeal to restore all things in Christ. After studying in Rome in 2005 and witnessing the funeral of John Paul II and the conclave to elect Benedict XVI, she knew she wanted to work for the Church. So she began graduate studies in Theology at the Franciscan University of Steubenville immediately after graduation. While working on her M.A., she was blessed to work for Dr. Scott Hahn and the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology. She was also blessed to study in Rome again in 2008, this time at the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas. After graduating from Franciscan, she moved to Nashville to work with the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia.
- PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENTS — Prior to being an independent speaker and writer, she was the Director of Adult Formation for the Diocese of Nashville. Prior to that, she was the Assistant Director of the Office of Catechetics at Aquinas College, and was part of a program that educated catechists in 3 dioceses & 2 states. During those years, she taught over 1,000 adults — parish catechists, school teachers, and interested adults. Those experiences shaped her approach to adult catechesis as it gave her a unique opportunity to experience the joys and sorrows of fellow Catholics from all backgrounds and walks of life. Joan also finds joy in volunteering to teach RCIA or speaking to various church groups.
- OTHER ACTIVITIES — Joan has spoken to audiences as diverse as high school students, business women, and members of the Roman Curia. She served for 4 years on National Advisory Board for the United States Council of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), and is currently Associate Editor of Integrated Catholic Life. In summary, Joan has a deep love for the Church and hopes she is serving Christ with the gifts He has given her.
- Independent Writer, Speaker, Teacher, Blogger
- Served for 4 Years on the National Advisory Board for USCCB
- Nashville, TN