DeAscanis, Fr. Michael A.
- CURRENT: Fr. Michael DeAscanis is the pastor of the Pastorate of St. Louis in Clarksville and St. Francis of Assisi in Fulton.
- FAMILY LIFE: He was born in Wilmington, Delaware, one of six children. His mother and siblings live in Wilmington. His father is deceased.
- EDUCATION/WORK: Fr. DeAscanis moved to Baltimore in 1994 to pursue a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from John’s Hopkins University, and then worked for four years in a private engineering firm.
- FORMATION: He was accepted into the seminary by the Archdiocese of Baltimore in 1998. He studied philosophy at Mount St. Mary’s Seminary in Emmitsburg, and then theology at the Pontifical North American College in Rome. He focused his studies on medical ethics and bioethics. He was ordained a priest in 2004.
- ASSIGNMENTS: Fr. DeAscanis has served in four different parish assignments, including three pastorates (St. Ursula, Church of the Crucifixion/Church of the Good Shepherd, St. Agnes Catonsville/St. William of York, and St. Philip Neri/St. Clements). Most recently, he served for six and a half years as pastor of St. Philip Neri and St. Clement parishes. He previously served as Vocations Director for three years, and currently serves as chaplain of the Catholic Medical Association in Baltimore.
- SUMMARY: His fidelity, dedication, and pastoral love is unmistakable. He offers leadership which is so necessary for a parish to be united and to fulfill its mission.
- TASTE CONNECTiON: Father was one of our first speakers at TASTE.
Updated August, 2022
- Pastor at St. Louis in Clarksville & St. Francis in Fulton
- Archdiocese of Baltimore