Swink, Fr. Larry C.
- 2019_09_19: Living Our Catholic Faith in a Secular World
- 2019_02_28: Lenten Retreat
- 2018_12_13: Advent Reflection
- 2018_09_20: Restore My Church
- 2018_02_08: Lenten Retreat
- 2018_01_25: Marian’ Funeral
- 2017_12_14: Holy Hour for Lent
- 2017_09_14: Called According To His Purpose … Knowing the Will of God
- 2016_11_03: Catholic Principles for Voting
- 2016_09_15: Searching After the Lord with Your Whole Heart and Soul
- 2016_02_11: Chautard’s The Soul of the Apostolate
- 2015_09_10: Waiting For the Lord … With Perseverance, Patience, and Purpose
- Pastor, Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- La Plata, MD
Fr. Larry Swink is a priest of the Archdiocese of Washington and was ordained in May 2006. He is currently the pastor of Sacred Heart in LaPlata, Maryland. His first parish was St. Mary of the Mills Catholic Church in Laurel, Maryland. He also served as pastor at Jesus the Divine Word Catholic Church in Huntingtown, MD.
Born on Midway Island (in U.S. territory), Fr. Swink is the oldest of 10 children. He is graduate of the University of Dallas and earned his degree in Political Philosophy. Before joining the Immaculate Conception seminary in 2001, he worked for Morgan Stanley as a Financial Advisor for 2.5 years.
Father Swink has been involved with the TASTE Program from the beginning — providing pastoral guidance and shepherding the service team. Each year, he kicks off the TASTE program in the fall and often provides an Advent Reflection and Lenten Retreat.
Father Swink is a dynamic speaker. At the 2010 Right to Life March, he gave the homily to over 10,000 Catholics.
In his spare time, Father enjoys the outdoors: He is a cyclist, plays basketball, and enjoys hiking and snowboarding… as well as anything that includes a ball or a stick!