Skip to content
In the Lord Jesus, it is our mystery of faith to Pray:
- “Save us, Savior of the world, for by Your cross and resurrection, You have set us free."
Optional Add: A Selection From "A Father's Heart" by Pope Francis:
- Joseph found happiness not in mere self-sacrifice but in self-gift. In him, we never see frustration, but only trust. His patient silence was the prelude to concrete expressions of trust.
- Our world today needs fathers. It has no use for tyrants who would domineer others as a means of compensating for their own needs. It rejects those who confuse authority with authoritarianism, service with servility, discussion with oppression, charity with a welfare mentality, power with destruction.
- Every true vocation is born of the gift of oneself, which is the fruit of mature sacrifice. The priesthood and consecrated life likewise require this kind of maturity.
- Whatever our vocation, whether to marriage, celibacy or virginity, our gift of self will not come to fulfillment if it stops at sacrifice; were that the case, instead of becoming a sign of the beauty and joy of love, the gift of self would risk being an expression of unhappiness, sadness and frustration. Joseph found happiness not in mere self-sacrifice but in self-gift.
- We seek this happiness of service ourselves. Through Joseph to Jesus.
- Hail, Guardian of the Redeemer, Spouse of the Bless Virgin Mary. To you God entrusted His only Son, In you Mary placed her trust, With you Christ became man.
- Blessed Joseph, to us, (too) show yourself a Father and guide us in the path of life. Obtain for us grace, mercy, and courage, and defend us from every evil. Amen
The Sign of the Cross:
- In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
- Kiss the Crucifix to close.