Restore My Church
In this talk, Father Swink addresses the current “Church in Crisis“.
- He is Blessed — Father Swink admits that he is blessed because he probably would not be a priest today had it not been for the vast number of good and holy male role models (many of which were priests) both in his formative years as well as in seminary.
- The days are evil — St. Paul said to the Ephesians 5:15-20, “Watch carefully then how you live, not as foolish persons but as wise, making the most of the opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not continue in ignorance, but try to understand what is the will of the Lord. And do not get drunk on wine, in which lies debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and playing to the Lord in your hearts, giving thanks always and for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.”
- How people respond — While older people often have trust in institutions, millennials do not. They often to not go to mass to be with God, but to hear a priest/pastor say a great homily.
- How should we respond — In this time of confusion, the answer is not to hide, but rather to become holier by being fed by the Eucharist and continue to go to Mass. We need this since there have been so many revelations and we never know what is the next shoe to stop. We need to buckle our seatbelts and get ready for spiritual battle since Satan has initiated this and is now using it to draw the faithful away.
- Four purposes of Mass — In considering what we can to do help God “Restore His Church,” let’s review the 4 purposes of Mass and how they relate to this situation. The 4 purposes of Mass are: Adoration, Thanksgiving, Atonement, and Petition. We can think of Adoration as Worship, being filled with the Holy Spirit, Singing songs and hymns, praise, and anything else we do to Adore our Lord.