PRAYER FOR THE FALLEN AWAY
- Concerned about an adult son or daughter who has fallen away from the Faith?
- In a recent homily, EWTN's Father Miguel said he advises parents to keep praying the baptismal prayers you said for your child when they were first born.
- Father says the idea isn't original with him -- he thinks it may be Sr. Briege McKenna's -- but parents have told him they have had great success when following this advice.
HERE IS THE PRAYER
- Lord Jesus, on behalf of my son / daughter, N., I renew his / her baptismal promises which took place on the day of his / her baptism; please bring him / her back to the Sacraments for your glory.
- I renounce Satan, and all his works, and all his empty promises.
- I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
- I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was born of the Virgin Mary, suffered death and was buried, rose again from the dead and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
- Almighty God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, You have given us new birth by water and the Holy Spirit and bestowed on us forgiveness of our sins, keep us, especially my son / daughter, N., by your grace, in Christ Jesus our Lord, for eternal life.