28 August 2023
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- If you have not yet registered for the 2023-2024 year, please do so now — LINK
- We will have TASTE for Tots Child Care starting in the Fall. Please help get the word out!
- FIRST SESSION — We are less than a month away from our Kick-Off Session for the new TASTE year!
- REGISTRATION — If you have registered already, thank you. If not, please help us plan for this upcoming semester by registering using this LINK. Even if you attended last year, please register for this upcoming 2023-2024 year. If you can't remember whether you have registered or if you need to edit any of your responses, see your email receipt with subject line: TASTE REGISTRATION -- 2023-2024. If you have deleted or lost your email receipt, simply respond to this email and Joy can help you.
- PROMOTE OUR CHILD CARE — Given that this will allow young mothers to come to TASTE who may not have been able to in the past couple years, please help us share the word.
- RETREAT — The Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matará Religious Family of the Incarnate Word is hosting a silent retreat called "Spiritual Exercises of St.Ignatius For Women." It will be held LaborDayWeekend: September 1-4, 2023 at the SSVM Provincial House: 28I5th St SE - Washington,DC 20003. The Cost is $50. To register, send an email to the following address: email@example.com FLYER
- SOUND OF FREEDOM — This movie, released on July 4, sheds light on the terror of human trafficking and the real heroes that are bringing light to this darkness. Actor Jim Caviezel and Real-Life Character Tim Ballard have a message for predators, "God’s children are not for sale." DETAILS TICKETS
- KATYLEE MCINERNEY — Our dear sister in Christ entered eternal life on July 12th after a 5 year struggle with cancer. Please keep Katylee, her husband Joseph, her children, and friends in your prayers. LINK to Obituary
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and the logistics of offering childcare this coming year. This week, please pray for: 1) Cynthia Bandong, one of our TASTE sisters, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time. Please pray for her complete healing post surgery. 2) The repose of the soul of Katylee McInerney, 3) Fr. Swink as he has left his two parishes in southern Maryland Monday and has returned to Washington, DC for medical reasons, 4) Susan Conroy as she continues to have medical issues, 5) Mayra Wilson (TASTE member) to successfully navigate the program to become a police officer and that her actions as a future police officer always bring honor to God, 6) Kate Christianson for eradication of her cancer and overall health improvement, 7) God's complete physical and spiritual healing for Helen Griffith's brother-in-law Rod, 8) Kara Helfenbein's daughter Ellie Carter for healing from complications of a bone marrow treatment for AML, and 10) peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARRY-OVERS - The below information is carried over from the last email.
- NEW THEME — In the spirit of continuing our theme on the Eucharist, our 2023/2024 theme will be "Abide in My Eucharistic Heart." Additionally, each year we attach a scripture verse or Saint quote to our theme. This year, our quote is from St. Teresa of Calcutta: "When you look at the Crucifix, you understand how much Jesus loved you then. When you look at the Sacred Host, you understand how much Jesus loves you now. It was selected to highlight: 1) Jesus' Real Presence in the Eucharist, 2) His unfathomable love for us, (His Bride, the Church), and 3) how it increases our unity with Him and the Body of Christ.
- THEME INFLUENCES — In preparation for selecting our new theme and quote, the following inputs were amongst those that helped to guide us. First, Fr. Mike Schmitz’ Corpus Christi homily was centered on that theme (VIDEO). Second, an article entitled "Msgr. James Shea on Evangelizing in a Post-Christian Society, Belief in the Invisible World, and Utopias" addressed our theme and our role in evangelization (ARTICLE). Third, Fr. Mattia from St. Mary of the Mills presented 4 talks on the Eucharist. TALK1 TALK2 TALK3 TALK4\
- RETREAT— Interested in a retreat with Fr. Larry Swink and Fr. Dan Leary? Save the Date for an upcoming Women's Retreat that will be held at the Malvern Retreat House, Malvern, PA from October 6-8, 2023. While it is not yet open for reservations, we hear that it will fill up quickly. LINK
- CASSEROLE COVER — One of our ladies left their 10” X 15” blue plastic Pyrex casserole dish cover at our end of year brunch. If you are the one who is missing this cover, please reply to this email. Helen Griffith has it for safe keeping and is looking forward to returning it to its proper owner.
- EUCHARISTIC MIRACLES -Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miracles of the World.
- RECENT EUCHARISTIC MIRACLE — The Archdiocese of Hartford (Conneticut) is investigating a possible eucharistic miracle that may have taken place during the celebration of the Mass at St. Thomas Catholic Church in Thomaston. One of their eucharistic ministers was running out of hosts and suddenly there were more hosts in the ciborium. God seemed to duplicate himself in the ciborium. ARTICLE VIDEO1 VIDEO2
- SPECIAL ACCESS — Exciting News! Bill Keimig has provided the TASTE Program with our very own membership to the Catechetical Institute's "Franciscan At Home" completely free of charge to you! With this membership, we have workshops available to us on our computer given by excellent instructors such as Dr. Scott Hahn, Dr. Bob Rice, and our very dear friend, Dr. Bill Keimig! You can go as deep as you like in your study or just explore various topics involving catechizing all age groups, parenting, holy families, the Eucharist, discipleship, and many more. The link to set up your account under TASTE's membership is HERE. Questions? Feel free to email Karen Giermek at email@example.com.
- INVITE A FRIEND - It is We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.