May 16, 2023
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- We hope you all are enjoying our summer break.
- Are you missing a casserole cover from our brunch? See note below or just reply to this email.
- Would you like to take a tour of the Shrine of St. Anthony? See note below and SIGN-UP
- OPENING — Although the Feast of the Ascension is Thursday May 18th, its celebration is shifted to Sunday, May 21st for most Dioceses in the US including Baltimore and Washington. In the Ascension, we have a preview of coming attractions and much, much more. Forty days after His Resurrection from the dead, the disciples witnessed the Lord go away. But they are not sad. Saint Luke said that the disciples were full of joy upon returning to Jerusalem after witnessing Jesus’ Ascension on the Mount of Olives. Although Jesus had gone away, He had not died! Although He had departed, He was fully alive! In His Ascension, Christ showed a different way to “do” leaving time and space.
- CASSEROLE COVER — One of our ladies left their 10” X 15” blue plastic Pyrex casserole dish cover at our end of year brunch. If you are the one who is missing this cover, please reply to this email. Helen Griffith has it for safe keeping and is looking forward to returning it to its proper owner.
- SHRINE OF ST. ANTHONY TOUR — Ladies and friends of TASTE can attend a tour of the Shrine of St. Anthony on Thursday June 1st at 10:00 am. Our guide will share lots of interesting stories about the history of the Shrine and the Franciscan Friars. Following the tour, for those who are interested, Mass is at noon. And weather permitting, after Mass, we can eat lunch together (brown-bag style) at the picnic tables at Little Portion Farm (on grounds of the Shrine). Space is limited, so sign up soon! SIGN-UP
- PILGRIMAGE TO ITALY — There are still a few slots left to go on a pilgrimage to Italy with spiritual directors: Fr. Samuel Plummer and Fr. Mark Cusick from 9-19 July 2023. If interested, see: FLYER
- CHILD CARE — We are blessed that the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord offered to return to TASTE in the Fall to support our child care. Given that this will allow young mothers to come to TASTE who may not have been able to in the past couple years, please help us share the word.
- RECENT EUCHARISTIC MIRACLE — The Archdiocese of Hartford (Conneticut) is investigating a possible eucharistic miracle that may have taken place during the celebration of the Mass at St. Thomas Catholic Church in Thomaston. One of their eucharistic ministers was running out of hosts and suddenly there were more hosts in the ciborium. God seemed to duplicate himself in the ciborium. ARTICLE VIDEO1 VIDEO2
- CATECHESIS ON THE EUCHARIST — Fr. Mattia from St. Mary of the Mills has presented 3 of his 4 talks on the Eucharist. His 4th and final talk is next Tuesday at 7:00 in the Breen Room (Church Basement). His past talks are available on YouTube. TALK1 TALK2 TALK3
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and the logistics of offering childcare next year. This week, please pray for: 1) Fr. Swink for resolution of his back problems, 2) Susan Conroy as she continues to have medical issues, 3) Katylee McInerney as she continues treatment for cancer, 4) Sheila Bisson and her mother Ann Drobach as Sheila relocates her to Maryland for assisted living 5) for Patti Fisher's nephew, Ryan, who suddenly passed away in a car accident; please pray for the repose of Ryan's soul and for the consolation of the entire Fisher family, 6) the repose of Debbie Schmidt's father-in-law Jack Schmidt who passed away on Easter and for their family, especially his daughter Cyndi, 7) gratitude for Kate Christianson's healing and continued prayers for overall health, 8) healing for Jennifer Dougherty's mother Kay's multiple fractures after a fall, 9) God's complete physical and spiritual healing for Helen Griffith's brother-in-law Rod, 10) Kara Helfenbein's daughter Ellie Carter for healing from complications of a bone marrow treatment for AML, and 11) peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at email@example.com.
CARRY-OVERS - The below information is carried over from the last email.
- PRIEST VIEW OF CONFESSION — Fr. Mike Schmitz wrote that describes what Confession is like for a Priest. Some women asked us to share it again. For those who may have missed it the first time here is the ARTICLE.
- SPECIAL ACCESS — Exciting News! Bill Keimig has provided the TASTE Program with our very own membership to the Catechetical Institute's "Franciscan At Home" completely free of charge to you! With this membership, we have workshops available to us on our computer given by excellent instructors such as Dr. Scott Hahn, Dr. Bob Rice, and our very dear friend, Dr. Bill Keimig! You can go as deep as you like in your study or just explore various topics involving catechizing all age groups, parenting, holy families, the Eucharist, discipleship, and many more. The link to set up your account under TASTE's membership is HERE. Questions? Feel free to email Karen Giermek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE EUCHARIST - This year's TASTE theme "ABIDE IN ME" aligns with our Church's 3-year Eucharistic Revival (Additional LINK). As mentioned earlier, Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miracles of the World.
- INVITE A FRIEND - It is We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.