March 26, 2023
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- This week, TASTE continues to meet at the Pallotti Chapel. Our speaker is once again Deacon Jim Munno as he concludes our Lenten Series "Draw Close to God and He Will Draw Close to You (James 4:8); Talk entitled "Embracing the Cross."
- Small group discussions will be in person on Thursday based on Reflection Questions and other material found HERE. The Zoom small group continues to meet on Tuesday mornings (ZOOM).
- This Thursday, we will be collecting food and monetary donations for the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord.
- This Thursday, both priests from St. Mary of the Mills will be hearing Confession for us after TASTE at the Church confessionals.
- NEXT FEW WEEKS — This week is our last session before our Easter break. We will not be meeting either Holy Thursday (April 6th) or the following Thursday (April 13th). After that, we will return for our last two sessions of this season (April 20th and 27th). Finally, the week after that (May 4th) will be our End-of-Year Potluck Brunch. It will be immediately after the 9:00 Mass, downstairs in the Breen Room. We ask that if you are attending that you bring a brunch food to share. Beverages and all paper products will be provided. Please sign up using this LINK.
- LAST WEEK — We welcomed back Deacon Jim Munno as he continued our Lenten series "Draw Close to God and He Will Draw Close to You" (James 4:8), with a talk entitled "From Death to Life." Deacon Jim began our talk with a beautiful opening prayer. This talk is a follow up to his earlier talk, "Detest Your Sins." Once again, the citations used in his talk can be found HERE. We are very much of this world in our earthly, worldly, bodily lives. Yet there is a reality outside of this natural world that is awesome, filling us with awe, and Deacon Jim's talk is about this reality, the seen and unseen supernatural order. We need to open our eyes to this supernatural order and see our participation in it, even now. Deacon Jim encouraged us to look for it now, in this talk and in our lives. MORE
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Deacon Jim Munno as he concludes our Lenten series with a talk entitled "Embracing the Cross."
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will discuss Deacon Jim Munno's talk entitled "From Death to Life." The audio, video, reflection questions, and other related material can be found HERE. The Tuesday Zoom Small Group will continue to meet as well via ZOOM.
- DONATIONS FOR NUNS — In the past, we regularly collected donations (both monetary and food goods) for the Sisters of Servants of the Lord. Your generosity was both appreciated and very helpful to them. As mentioned last week, we would like to collect food and monetary donations for them this Thursday. We know that they will be grateful for any support you can provide.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and our ability to offer child care if needed. This week, please pray for: 1) Fr. Swink for resolution of his back problems, 2) Susan Conroy as she continues to have medical issues, 3) Katylee McInerney as she continues treatment for cancer, 4) eradication of Kate Christianson's cancer, 5) healing for Jennifer Dougherty's mother Kay for the pain in both of her hips, 6) Karen’s Aunt Joan who has stage 4 kidney cancer, 7) God's complete physical and spiritual healing for Helen Griffith's brother-in-law Rod, 8) Mike Frentz who is suffering from partial loss of eyesight, that it will not worsen, 9) Kara Helfenbein's daughter Ellie Carter for healing from complications of a bone marrow treatment for AML, and 10) peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joy, Michele, Karen, and Helen
Jesus, I trust in You!
- TASTE Small Group on Zoom -- Updated
- E-Invitation:1-Sided Front Back2022/2023
CARRY-OVERS - The below information is carried over from the last email.
- PRIEST VIEW OF CONFESSION — A couple of weeks ago we mentioned an article that Fr. Mike Schmitz wrote that describes what Confession is like for a Priest. During our session last week some women asked us to share it again. For those who may have missed it the first time here is the ARTICLE.
- SPECIAL ACCESS — Exciting News! Bill Keimig has provided the TASTE Program with our very own membership to the Catechetical Institute's "Franciscan At Home" completely free of charge to you! With this membership, we have workshops available to us on our computer given by excellent instructors such as Dr. Scott Hahn, Dr. Bob Rice, and our very dear friend, Dr. Bill Keimig! You can go as deep as you like in your study or just explore various topics involving catechizing all age groups, parenting, holy families, the Eucharist, discipleship, and many more. The link to set up your account under TASTE's membership is HERE. Questions? Feel free to email Karen Giermek at email@example.com.
- PILGRIMAGE — Fr. Larry Swink and Fr. Tim Daniel will be the Spiritual Directors for a pilgrimage to France May 21-30, 2023. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, see this LINK
- THE EUCHARIST - This year's TASTE theme "ABIDE IN ME" aligns with our Church's 3-year Eucharistic Revival (Additional LINK). As mentioned earlier, Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miracles of the World.
- CHILD CARE - If you are in need of child care to attend TASTE, please contact Joy Parker firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Likewise, if you know of any young mothers who you think would like to come to TASTE, but would need babysitting to do so, please contact Joy about this as well.
- REGISTRATION - We want to say thank you to all of the women who have already registered as it helps us significantly with our planning. If you haven't registered yet or if you know someone who is interested in attending, please sign up and/or encourage them to do the same. REGISTRATION LINK.
- INVITE A FRIEND - We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.