March 19, 2023
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- This week, TASTE continues to meet at the Pallotti Chapel. Our speaker is once again Deacon Jim Munno as he continues our Lenten Series "Draw Close to God and He Will Draw Close to You (James 4:8); Talk entitled "From Death to Life."
- Small group discussions will be in person on Thursday based on Reflection Questions and other material found HERE. The Zoom small group continues to meet on Tuesday mornings (ZOOM).
- END OF YEAR BRUNCH — Can you believe we only have four sessions left for this year? After Deacon Jim Munno completes his last two talks for our Lenten Series, we will only have two remaining sessions. The week after that (May 4th) will be our End-of-Year Potluck Brunch. It will be immediately after the 9:00 Mass, downstairs in the Breen Room. We ask that if you are attending that you bring a brunch food to share. Beverages and all paper products will be provided. Please sign up using this LINK.
- LAST WEEK — We welcomed back Deacon Jim Munno as he continued our Lenten series "Draw Close to God and He Will Draw Close to You" (James 4:8), with a talk entitled "Rejoice." After last week where we took a hard look at sin, we took a break this week to focus on Hope, most especially the Hope offered us by God Himself in Jesus Christ, who triumphs over sin and death. Deacon Jim began his talk this week with some housekeeping left over from last week. Please see the end of this summary for details. He then proceeded with a quick review: Return to Me, be converted, detest your sins. Often our response to God's Grace involves virtue, which bears fruit, which is more fruit than just the original transformation, (think superabundance). Joy is one fruit of virtue. Once again, extended quotes from the talk can be found HERE, and on the talk web page. MORE
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Deacon Jim Munno as he continues our Lenten series with a talk entitled "From Death to Life."
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will discuss Deacon Jim Munno's talk entitled "Rejoice." The audio, video, reflection questions, and other related material can be found HERE. The Tuesday Zoom Small Group will continue to meet as well via ZOOM.
- POPE BENEDICT XVI's ADVICE FOR BEING A LITTLE HOLIER EVERY DAY — The following link is to a beautiful article with nine concrete habits that are quite accessible and easy to put in place, in order to become a friend of God: LINK.
- PRIEST VIEW OF CONFESSION — A couple of weeks ago we mentioned an article that Fr. Mike Schmitz wrote that describes what Confession is like for a Priest. During our session last week some women asked us to share it again. For those who may have missed it the first time here is the ARTICLE.
- MARCH 25: SPRING GALA — St. Vincent Pallotti High School is having their SPRING GALA on March 25th and will feature a sit-down dinner, an open bar, live entertainment, games, raffles and a live and silent auction. This event is their largest fundraiser of the year. We appreciate all of their support and want to offer support to them as well. TICKETS are on sale now!
- FR. SWINK— We have learned that Fr. Swink had a setback in his recovery from spinal surgery. He is on medical leave while doctors assess the next steps.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and our ability to offer child care if needed. This week, please pray for: 1) Fr. Swink for resolution of his back problems, 2) Susan Conroy as she continues to have medical issues, 3) Katylee McInerney as she continues treatment for cancer, 4) eradication of Kate Christianson's cancer, 5) healing for Jennifer Dougherty's mother Kay for the pain in both of her hips, 6) Karen’s Aunt Joan who has stage 4 kidney cancer, 7) God's complete physical and spiritual healing for Helen Griffith's brother-in-law Rod, 8) Mike Frentz who is suffering from partial loss of eyesight, that it will not worsen, 9) Kara Helfenbein's daughter Ellie Carter for healing from complications of a bone marrow treatment for AML, and 10) peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joy, Michele, Karen, and Helen
Jesus, I trust in You!
- TASTE Small Group on Zoom -- Updated
- E-Invitation:1-Sided Front Back2022/2023
CARRY-OVERS - The below information is carried over from the last email.
- SPECIAL ACCESS — Exciting News! Bill Keimig has provided the TASTE Program with our very own membership to the Catechetical Institute's "Franciscan At Home" completely free of charge to you! With this membership, we have workshops available to us on our computer given by excellent instructors such as Dr. Scott Hahn, Dr. Bob Rice, and our very dear friend, Dr. Bill Keimig! You can go as deep as you like in your study or just explore various topics involving catechizing all age groups, parenting, holy families, the Eucharist, discipleship, and many more. The link to set up your account under TASTE's membership is HERE. Questions? Feel free to email Karen Giermek at email@example.com.
- SUPPORT OUR PRIESTS— A few weeks ago, we had our Spiritually Adopt a Priest/Seminarian ceremony. Thanks to all who are participating in this program since one of our three missions is to encourage priests in their ministry. If you missed the opportunity to sign up and would like to participate, please email Jennifer.A.Dougherty@protonmail.com. Additionally, here is an ARTICLE about 7 ways to support your priest.
- PILGRIMAGE — Fr. Larry Swink and Fr. Tim Daniel will be the Spiritual Directors for a pilgrimage to France May 21-30, 2023. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, see this LINK
- THE EUCHARIST - This year's TASTE theme "ABIDE IN ME" aligns with our Church's 3-year Eucharistic Revival (Additional LINK). As mentioned earlier, Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miracles of the World.
- CHILD CARE - If you are in need of child care to attend TASTE, please contact Joy Parker firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Likewise, if you know of any young mothers who you think would like to come to TASTE, but would need babysitting to do so, please contact Joy about this as well.
- REGISTRATION - We want to say thank you to all of the women who have already registered as it helps us significantly with our planning. If you haven't registered yet or if you know someone who is interested in attending, please sign up and/or encourage them to do the same. REGISTRATION LINK.
- INVITE A FRIEND - We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.