January 15, 2023
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- This week's speaker is Susan Conroy; Talk entitled "The Blessed Mother Will Take Care of It!" on Zoom.
- No small group discussion this week, but will resume next week also by Zoom.
- BAPTISM OF OUR LORD — Our Liturgical Calendar offers a beautiful link between the Baptism of our Lord (which was celebrated Monday, January 9th) and this Sunday's Gospel reading (John the Baptist's Testimony of Jesus). It is here that John testified by saying, “the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.'" We know that John saw the Spirit come down like a dove from the sky and remain upon Jesus. Thus, John, seeing Jesus approaching, says "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world" We hear these words at every Mass when the Priest holds up the Eucharist. Like John, may we attentively hear the word of God and always recognize Jesus in our midst.
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back our beloved Susan Conroy as she gives a talk entitled "The Blessed Mother Will Take Care of It!" This meeting will NOT be in person, and everyone is welcome to join the Zoom meeting at 10:30 on Thursday, January 19. Here is a ZOOM LINK to join. The password has been changed to TASTE, and you can join up to 10 minutes before the start of the meeting.
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — There will be NO small groups meeting this week. However, you may join either of the two Zoom small groups we are offering the following week (either Tuesday, January 24th at 10:30 or Thursday, January 26th at 9:45) to discuss Susan Conroy's talk. The audio, video, and reflection questions would be found HERE. Details on how to join the Zoom small group meeting can be found at the bottom of this page and HERE.
- TALK ON 2/2 — Our speaker on this date will be Fr. Timothy Gallagher, O.M.V, a well known expert on the Discernment of Spirits. His talk is titled "A Biblical Way of Praying the Mass" based on his recent book of the same title. If you would like to purchase a copy of his book either in preparation for his talk or for later reading, you may find it HERE. Fr. Gallagher provided us with a handout to accompany his talk. Here is a link to the HANDOUT. Father said it will be helpful to have a printout of this handout to follow along during the talk. This talk will be our final Zoom talk before we resume meeting in person.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and our ability to offer child care if needed. This week, please pray for: 1) the repose of the soul of our sister-in-Christ, Kathy Buckus, 2) Katylee McInerney as she begins treatment for a very aggressive cancer, 3) eradication of Kate Christianson's cancer, 4) complete healing and swift recovery from Fr. Swink's recent back surgery, 5) continued improvement of Julie Reynold's new grandson's health and for thanksgiving that baby Jameson Christopher was able to come home for Christmas with a normal body weight, temperature, and heart rate, 6) Julie Reynold's daughter Megan, mother of this new baby -- both for thanksgiving for partial healing and prayers for complete healing, 7) God's complete physical and spiritual healing for Helen Griffith's brother-in-law Rod, 8) Mike Frentz who is suffering from partial loss of eyesight, that it will not worsen, 9) Susan Conroy as she continues to have medical issues, and 10) peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at email@example.com.
Joy, Michele, Karen, Teresa, and Helen
Jesus, I trust in You!
CARRY-OVERS - The below information is carried over from the last email.
- SPECIAL ACCESS — Exciting News! Bill Keimig has provided the TASTE Program with our very own membership to the Catechetical Institute's "Franciscan At Home" completely free of charge to you! With this membership, we have workshops available to us on our computer given by excellent instructors such as Dr. Scott Hahn, Dr. Bob Rice, and our very dear friend, Dr. Bill Keimig! You can go as deep as you like in your study or just explore various topics involving catechizing all age groups, parenting, holy families, the Eucharist, discipleship, and many more. The link to set up your account under TASTE's membership is HERE. Questions? Feel free to email Karen Giermek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FR. SWINK — Fr. Larry said he has turned the corner in a good way and he continues to get his strength back. The surgery went well. He is very hopeful of a good recovery. Thank you all for your prayers for Father! I truly believe they are very vital! Also, we have heard that a number of women wanted Fr. Swink's address to send Get Well cards. Here it is. Fr. Larry Swink, St. Cecelia Catholic Church, 47950 Mattapany Road, P.O. Box 429, St. Mary's City, Maryland 20686
- SUPPORT OUR PRIESTS — A few weeks ago, we had our Spiritually Adopt a Priest/Seminarian ceremony. Thanks to all who are participating in this program since one of our three missions is to encourage priests in their ministry. If you missed the opportunity to sign up and would like to participate, please email Jennifer.A.Dougherty@protonmail.com. Additionally, here is an ARTICLE about 7 ways to support your priest.
- PILGRIMAGE — Fr. Larry Swink and Fr. Tim Daniel will be the Spiritual Directors for a pilgrimage to France May 21-30, 2023. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, see this LINK
- THE EUCHARIST - This year's TASTE theme "ABIDE IN ME" aligns with our Church's 3-year Eucharistic Revival (Additional LINK). As mentioned earlier, Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miracles of the World.
- CHILD CARE - If you are in need of child care to attend TASTE, please contact Joy Parker email@example.com directly. Likewise, if you know of any young mothers who you think would like to come to TASTE, but would need babysitting to do so, please contact Joy about this as well.
- REGISTRATION - We want to say thank you to all of the women who have already registered as it helps us significantly with our planning. If you haven't registered yet or if you know someone who is interested in attending, please sign up and/or encourage them to do the same. REGISTRATION LINK.
- INVITE A FRIEND - We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.