September 16, 2022
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- Yesterday, we celebrated the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows (September 15th). This feast reminds us that although Mary is the Mother of God and was privileged in raising Jesus and being close to him his whole life, she was not preserved from overwhelming suffering and sorrow. The Seven Sorrows of Mary Rosary recalls the most significant sorrows Our Lady endured in her life. Praying this Rosary, while meditating on her grief and pain, will lead us to Jesus. LINK. During one of her more recent and approved apparitions in Africa, the Blessed Mother reminded the visionaries to pray this rosary and to encourage others to do so as well.
- KICK-OFF - In just 2 weeks, Fr. Swink will kick off our new year on September 29th. We are so looking forward to seeing each of you again after this summer. Feel free to preview the current speaker line up as well as their updated bios at this LINK.
- CARE-GIVING- Caring for a loved one with a serious illness is a special cross. Certainly, it is one laden with suffering and sorrow, but it is also one that offers a unique opportunity for us and our loved one to grow spiritually and emotionally, and ultimately, more deeply in union with God and each other. For eight long years, our founder's sister carried the caregiver’s cross with grace. Marian's sister (Michelle Johnson) was a guest speaker on EWTN's Women of Grace and talked about caregiving and how to walk this way of the cross with grace, dignity, spunk, and a whole lot of practical wisdom. VIDEO and BOOK
- FAITH AND FAMILY FUN FEST- There is still time to register for Faith and Family Fun Fest which will be held this Saturday (September 17th) at Mary's Land Farm on 4979 Sheppard Lane, Ellicott City, MD from 3:30-7:30 PM. It is free to attend, but registration is required. Bring the whole family for live music, family fun, delicious food, and Eucharistic Holy Hour. LINK
- PRAYERS - Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and our ability to offer child care if needed. We pray for: 1) continued healing and full/speedy recovery for Teresa Jeschke (TJ) and Katylee McInerney, 2) complete irradiation of all Kate Christianson's cancer and restoration of health, and 3) peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We so look forward to seeing each and every one of you soon! Stay safe.
Joy, Michele, Karen, Teresa, and Helen
Jesus, I trust in You!
- CARRY-OVERS - The below information is carried over from the last email.
- CONFERENCE- The GIVEN Institute (“GIVEN”) is an organization dedicated to activating the gifts of young adult women for the Catholic Church and the world. One of our TASTE speakers this fall (Rachel Ullmann) will be talking about it. However, if we wait until then to tell you about it, you would miss out on their next Maryland GIVEN Gathering to be held at a Baltimore parish on October 1st. This women's conference is open to women of all ages and offers an opportunity to hear speakers who will inspire you to receive the gift that you are, realize the gifts you’ve been given, and respond with the gift only you can give. Here is the registration LINK.
- THE EUCHARIST - This year's TASTE theme "ABIDE IN ME" aligns with our Church's 3-year Eucharistic Revival (Additional LINK). As mentioned earlier, Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miracles of the World.
- CHILD CARE - If you are in need of child care to attend TASTE, please contact Joy Parker email@example.com directly. Likewise, if you know of any young mothers who you think would like to come to TASTE, but would need babysitting to do so, please contact Joy about this as well.
- REGISTRATION - We want to say thank you to all of the women who have already registered as it helps us significantly with our planning. If you haven't registered yet or if you know someone who is interested in attending, please sign up and/or encourage them to do the same. REGISTRATION LINK.
- INVITE A FRIEND - We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.