September 8, 2022
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- Happy Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary! The Church typically commemorates its saints on their date of death, ordination, or other significant milestone. However, only Christ Himself, Saint John the Baptist, and the Virgin Mary have feasts which commemorate their births because only they were holy from the start. On this feast day, we remember that our Blessed Mother was sanctified by God in her mother Anne's womb. LINK
- KICK-OFF - We are just 3 weeks away from Fr. Swink kicking off our new year on September 29th. We are so looking forward to seeing each of you again after this summer. Feel free to preview the current speaker line up as well as their updated bios at this LINK.
- CONFERENCE- The GIVEN Institute (“GIVEN”) is an organization dedicated to activating the gifts of young adult women for the Catholic Church and the world. One of our TASTE speakers this fall (Rachel Ullmann) will be talking about it. However, if we wait until then to tell you about it, you would miss out on their next Maryland GIVEN Gathering to be held at a Baltimore parish on October 1st. This women's conference is open to women of all ages and offers an opportunity to hear speakers who will inspire you to receive the gift that you are, realize the gifts you’ve been given, and respond with the gift only you can give. Here is the registration LINK.
- PRAYERS - Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and our ability to offer child care if needed. We would like to begin with a prayer of thanksgiving for both Teresa Jeschke (TJ) and Katylee McInerney's successful surgeries. Both of them and their families are grateful for our prayers and to the Great Physician! Our specific prayer requests now include: 1) continued healing and full/speedy recovery for both of them, 2) complete irradiation of all Kate Christianson's cancer and restoration of health, and 3) peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above.
- We so look forward to seeing each and every one of you soon! Stay safe.
Joy, Michele, Karen, Teresa, and Helen
Jesus, I trust in You!
- THE EUCHARIST - This year's TASTE theme "ABIDE IN ME" aligns with our Church's 3-year Eucharistic Revival (Additional LINK). As mentioned earlier, Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miracles of the World.
- CHILD CARE - If you are in need of child care to attend TASTE, please contact Joy Parker email@example.com directly. Likewise, if you know of any young mothers who you think would like to come to TASTE, but would need babysitting to do so, please contact Joy about this as well.
- REGISTRATION - We want to say thank you to all of the women who have already registered as it helps us significantly with our planning. If you haven't registered yet or if you know someone who is interested in attending, please sign up and/or encourage them to do the same. REGISTRATION LINK.
- INVITE A FRIEND - We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.