August 28, 2022
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- Happy Feast of Saint Augustine of Hippo, Bishop, Doctor, and the greatest convert after St. Paul. As many know, Augustine wrote the Confessions as the Bishop of Hippo when he was about 43, covering his early life up to the age of 33. This work is considered to be the first “Story of a Soul.” May we all pray that our own examination of conscience be like St. Augustine's — continual, honest, and Christ-centered with a self-awareness not for its own sake, but to prune all sin from our soul. LINK
- KICK-OFF - We are less than one month away from Fr. Swink kicking off our new year on September 29th. We are so looking forward to seeing each of you again after this summer. Feel free to preview the current line up as well as their updated bios at this LINK.
- THE EUCHARIST - This year's TASTE theme "ABIDE IN ME" aligns with our Church's 3-year Eucharistic Revival (Additional LINK). As mentioned earlier, Blessed Carlo Acutis (Additional LINK) catalogued the Eucharistic Miraclesof the World.
- PRAYERS - Please continue to pray for our TASTE program, our speakers, and our ability to offer child care if needed. We would like to begin our specific prayer requests for: 1) the repose of the soul of Kathleen Kelly (a dear friend of Ellen Curro who hosted our service team retreat) and for Susan Brinkmann's father, 2) successful surgeries and full and speedy recovery for Teresa Jeschke (TJ) on August 30th and Katylee McInerney on September 6th, 3) Kate Christianson's new round of chemotherapy completely irradiate all of the cancer in her body and restore her fully to health, and 4) peace and comfort to the families of each of the people mentioned above.
- We so look forward to seeing each and every one of you soon! Stay safe.
Joy, Michele, Karen, Teresa, and Helen
Jesus, I trust in You!
- CHILD CARE - If you are in need of child care to attend TASTE, please contact Joy Parker email@example.com directly. Likewise, if you know of any young mothers who you think would like to come to TASTE, but would need babysitting to do so, please contact Joy about this as well.
- REGISTRATION - We want to say thank you to all of the women who have already registered as it help us significantly with our planning. If you haven't registered yet or if you know someone who is interested in attending, please sign up and/or encourage them to do the same. REGISTRATION LINK.
- INVITE A FRIEND - We encourage you to invite a friend regardless of where they are on their faith journey. If they are interested, please also encourage them to register. Attached is a POSTCARD that you can text, email, or print as an invitation to others.