May 15, 2022
During the end-of-year discussion, we talked about: highlights from this past year and how we might apply them this summer in various ministries; speakers that we would like to invite back; and finally potential new speakers, topics, and themes for next year. The core team, and specifically the speaker committee, is grateful for all of your wonderful ideas and will be bringing them to prayer over the summer. As our theme and speaker line-up takes shape, we will provide an update later this summer.
While discussing Neil Lozano's talk, "Unbound," we learned that Resurrection Church in Ellicott City is offering an upcoming Unbound Session. For more details as this event evolves, see this LINK.
After our end-of-year meeting, Annabelle Visk delivered some of our extra brunch items to the Servants of the Lord Sisters, who were grateful to receive it. While there, Annabelle learned that the sisters at the Juniorate House in Washington, DC are holding a tea party fundraiser and wanted to extend the invitation to the TASTE ladies! This Mother Daughter Tea Fundraiser is on Sunday, May 22, 2022 following the 11:00 am Mass. In addition to the lunch and tea, they will have a talk on Our Lady. It will be held at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Juniorate House of Studies, 1326 Quincy Street, NW, Washington, DC 20017. Donations are for the Formation Houses in Ecuador and Brazil. Please RSVP to Sr. Intercessor at JUN.IHM@SERVIDORAS.ORG. LINK
- REGISTRATION — As we have completed our 2021/2022 season, we have created the registration for the 2022/2023 season. To help us plan for this upcoming semester, please register using this LINK. It's never too soon to register for next season! Please register now so you don't forget! We look forward to seeing everyone in the Fall.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please also pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters, especially Kate Christianson, Katylee McInerney, and Geraldine Broglio.
- Our spiritual director, Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses, especially those of whom you may have spiritually adopted.
- Our speakers and their families — especially: 1) Susan Conroy for her health, 2) Colleen Duggan and family, especially baby Caleb and 3) Sister Mary Michael Fox: a special intention concerning her family.
- Supreme Court Justices and All Judges — Please let us all pray today for wisdom, strength, and courage for our Supreme Court Justices and all judges and for Life to be victorious.
- New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FR. SWINK'S WEBSITE — His new website called Quis ut Deus includes information on future retreats, talks, videos, pilgrimages, and recollections. We have permanently included this LINK on Fr. Swink's speaker page for future reference.
- USCCB & SUPREME COURT — For a reminder of prayer intentions for the USCCB and Supreme Court, please view this LINK and see UPDATE.
- LOGISTICS — For a reminder of any information associated with zoom small group, parking, masks, public health, babysitting, or registration, please view this LINK.
- DONATIONS — For a reminder of how to donate to TASTE or the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord, please view this LINK.