February 20, 2022
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- Tuesday, February 22 is the Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter. Obviously, we are not celebrating a piece of furniture, but the role and office of Peter within the Church. And that office, presently held by Pope Francis, is a source of AUTHORITY and UNITY — One Lord, One faith, One Shepherd, and One flock. History Reflection
- During Karen's opening remarks, she shared some insights from Fr. Erik Arnold who gave suggestion on how best to read the Bible in order to get the most out of it. Given that some women requested it, we are including it HERE.
- Kristen Fisher returned to TASTE this year and gave a talk entitled "Hungering for God." She spoke of the "God-shaped" hole within each of our souls, and how, because of sin, we often look everywhere but the source to fill that hole. God created us to desire Him, and we all have a universal hunger for God. This hunger manifests differently in each one of us with a particular "flavor" preference. She then went over the three preferences: Truth, Beauty and Goodness. God is all of these, though we typically begin to encounter Him in one of these. As we grow in spiritual maturity, we encounter Him in all three. She went into some detail on all three things, and then we went through a brief exercise to determine how we first encountered God. She then warned us of the blind spots — those areas where we are least likely to seek God. She pointed out the natural tension between "Truth Lovers" and "Goodness Lovers." Beauty is often caught in the crossfires. In the end, Kristen believes Beauty will save the world as the great unifier!
THIS WEEK AT TASTE
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Sister Mary Michael Fox as she gives a talk entitled "Blessed, Broken, Given: Living a Eucharistic Life."
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will discuss Kristen Fisher's talk "Hungering for God." The talk, as well as the reflection questions can be found HERE.
- UNBOUND EVENT — Maryland Unbound has scheduled Saturday, February 26, 2022 as a time you can reserve an appointment to receive Individual Unbound Ministry Prayer. They will have trained teams ready to provide individual prayer using the Unbound Model. They ask that you read at least the first 7 chapters of the book Unbound, a Practical Guide to Deliverance, by Neal Lozano BEFORE scheduling your appointment. (The Unbound book is available at Amazon OR Heart of the Father. If you would like to schedule an appointment, or want more information, please contact Dan or Peggy Gahagan by Monday February 21, 2022 at email@example.com. Or you can call 410-747-4334, ext 555, leaving your name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- When Mike Tenney is with us on March 10th, we are in need of someone to watch his 2 1/2 yr old son. If you would be interested or know of someone reliable who would be interested in watching Mike's son for a couple hours that day, please contact Karen or Joy. Thank you!
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please also pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters, especially Kate Christianson, Katylee McInerney, and Kay Robinson (Jennifer's D's mom)
- Our spiritual director, Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses, especially those of whom you may have spiritually adopted.
- Our speakers and their families — especially: 1) Susan Conroy for her health and 2) Colleen Duggan and her baby, who the doctors are saying has a 90% chance of having Downs syndrome.
- Supreme Court Justices — Please let us all pray today for wisdom, strength, and courage for our Supreme Court Justices and for Life to be victorious.
- New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USCCB & SUPREME COURT — For a reminder of prayer intentions for the USCCB and Supreme Court, please view this LINK and see UPDATE.
- LOGISTICS — For a reminder of any information associated with zoom small group, parking, masks, public health, babysitting, or registration, please view this LINK.
- SNOW — As a reminder, we try to wait until close to our meeting to get the most current read of the weather before making a decision. In light of this, whenever the weather is questionable, we send out an email. LINK
- DONATIONS — For a reminder of how to donate to TASTE or the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord, please view this LINK.
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!