February 6, 2022
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- In honor of the upcoming feast of St Valentine, we are asking all our women to wear red this week if possible. What a beautiful sign of unity both during mass and our session as well as a nod to our Founder, Marian Frentz who regularly wore red as a symbol of the Holy Spirit.
- Fr. Vincent Yeager gave a talk entitled "Heroic Virtue." Father began by telling us a simple and beautiful story of heroic virtue, after which he presented us with the Catechism definition of virtue: "An habitual and firm disposition to do the good" (CCC1803). However, there is more to virtue, specifically Grace. It is God's Grace that invites us to virtue and it is up to us how we respond. Saints are models and intercessors of heroic virtue for us. Father then gave us several examples of saints and some of their virtues, including Our Lady, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Benedict, St. Peter, and St. John Paul II. He then went over the cardinal virtues (prudence, justice, fortitude, temperance), and the theological virtues (Faith, Hope and Love) and how they are different from each other. Father warned us of some of the pitfalls along the journey to holiness including vain glory, pride, despair, overly busyness, isolation and shame, bad habits and temptation from the devil. He brought up "Unbound" and" Spiritual Warfare" as ways to combat some of these pitfalls, both of which were featured in talks this season. In the end, it is all about Love - God's unending Love for us, and how we respond to Him.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome Fr. Virginus Osuagwu as he gives a talk entitled "Intimacy with God's Word." Please note that after the talk, we can walk over to the Church to pray the rosary and for Fr. Virginus to hear confessions.
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will discuss Fr. Vincent Yeager's talk "Heroic Virtue." The talk, as well as the reflection questions can be found HERE.
- UNBOUND EVENT — Maryland Unbound has scheduled Saturday, February 26, 2022 as a time you can reserve an appointment to receive Individual Unbound Ministry Prayer. They will have trained teams ready to provide individual prayer using the Unbound Model. They ask that you read at least the first 7 chapters of the book Unbound, a Practical Guide to Deliverance, by Neal Lozano BEFORE scheduling your appointment. (The Unbound book is available at Amazon OR Heart of the Father. If you would like to schedule an appointment, or want more information, please contact Dan or Peggy Gahagan by Monday February 21, 2022 at email@example.com. Or you can call 410-747-4334, ext 555, leaving your name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please also pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters, especially Kate Christianson, Katylee McInerney, and Kay Robinson (Jennifer's D's mom)
- Our spiritual director, Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses, especially those of whom you may have spiritually adopted.
- Our speakers and their families — especially: 1) Susan Conroy for her health and 2) Colleen Duggan and her baby, who the doctors are saying has a 90% chance of having Downs syndrome.
- Supreme Court Justices — Please let us all pray today for wisdom, strength, and courage for our Supreme Court Justices and for Life to be victorious.
- New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USCCB & SUPREME COURT — For a reminder of prayer intentions for the USCCB and Supreme Court, please view this LINK and see UPDATE.
- LOGISTICS — For a reminder of any information associated with zoom small group, parking, masks, public health, babysitting, or registration, please view this LINK.
- SNOW — As a reminder, we try to wait until close to our meeting to get the most current read of the weather before making a decision. In light of this, whenever the weather is questionable, we send out an email. LINK
- DONATIONS — For a reminder of how to donate to TASTE or the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord, please view this LINK.
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!