January 30, 2022
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- Monday, January 31st is the memorial of St. John Bosco. His heart was like a furnace radiating immense warmth, fraternal concern, and affectionate love of God to all. During his own lifetime, he built an international empire of charity and education so massive and so successful that it is impossible to explain his accomplishments in merely human terms. His quote in the picture above seems to relate to our most recent talk. What a great way to AMEND ourselves by getting to the root of our BONDAGE through leveraging the 5 keys to freedom in Christ.
- Matthew Lozano gave a talk entitled "Getting Unbound: The Five Keys to Freedom in Christ." After focusing on marriage and other important relationships in our lives last week, this talk focused more on ourselves. The Unbound Ministry is a powerful tool to help us focus on the darkness in ourselves, take a stand and allow the power of the Gospel to set us free. True freedom is in our relationship with our Creator, and at the root of freedom is the truth that God has always and will always love us. The five keys are a simple model to work with the Holy Spirit to deliver us. The five keys are: 1) repentance and faith, 2) forgiveness, 3) renunciation, 4) authority and 5) the Father's blessing. Matt concluded the talk with a powerful exercise using the third key to freedom in Christ — renunciation.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome Fr. Vincent Yeager as he gives a talk entitled "Heroic Virtue."
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will discuss Matthew Lozano's talk "Getting Unbound: The Five Keys to Freedom in Christ." The talk, as well as the reflection questions can be found HERE.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please also pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters, especially Kate Christianson, Katylee McInerney, and Kay Robinson (Jennifer's D's mom)
- Our spiritual director, Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses, especially those of whom you may have spiritually adopted.
- Our speakers and their families — especially: 1) Susan Conroy for her health and 2) Colleen Duggan and her baby, who the doctors are saying has a 90% chance of having Downs syndrome.
- Supreme Court Justices — Please let us all pray today for wisdom, strength, and courage for our Supreme Court Justices and for Life to be victorious.
- New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at email@example.com.
- PUBLISHED — One of our own, Maryella Hierholzer has published yet again in the National Catholic Register. Please see her most recent and timely article titled "As Russia Threatens War, It’s Time to Turn Again to Our Lady of Fatima." And since we had not yet shared the one before it, please see this article as well about being bold and telling the truth.
- USCCB & SUPREME COURT — For a reminder of prayer intentions for the USCCB and Supreme Court, please view this LINK and see UPDATE.
- LOGISTICS — For a reminder of any information associated with zoom small group, parking, masks, public health, babysitting, or registration, please view this LINK.
- SNOW — As a reminder, we try to wait until close to our meeting to get the most current read of the weather before making a decision. In light of this, whenever the weather is questionable, we send out an email. LINK
- DONATIONS — For a reminder of how to donate to TASTE or the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord, please view this LINK.
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!