January 16, 2022
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- This Friday (1/21) is the anniversary of the passing of our Founder, Marian Frentz. For those who may not have had the privilege of knowing her, she was on fire for her faith and was a real force of nature in her quest to help everyone grow into a deeper relationship and love for Jesus and our Catholic Church that He founded. To honor her passing, please take a moment to pray for Marian, her family, and all of our TASTE sisters who have passed in the last few years. Here's a LINK to learn more about her.
Given that we have already had our 3rd snow of the season, we again want to remind everyone of our inclement weather policy. At this time, TASTE will plan to meet in person unless Pallotti is closed for weather. Please check your email in the morning before heading to class if the weather is questionable. Read the following for more details. LINK
As a carry-over from last week, if anyone is not feeling well, experiencing COVID or other symptoms, or has had a close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID, we ask you not attend, but take advantage of listening to the talk on our website typically available the morning after the talk. Here's a good website that describes specific systems for COVID-19, the Delta Variant, the Omicron Variant, and the Flu.
- Sam Fatzinger gave a talk entitled "A Catholic Guide to Spending Less and Living More." She entertained us with stories of being the mother of 14 and finding ways to have her oldest children graduate from college debt free! Sam used the letters in her own name to give us tips for spending less and living more.
- For 'S' — Save, Simplify, Self-Control, Sales, Sacrifice, and Suffer.
- For 'A' — Ask For Help, Affordable, Accountable, Admirable, Ambitious, Abundant, Assertive, Audacious, and Appreciative.
- For 'M'— Make a Plan, Minimalist, Make Do, Motivate your family to support someone, Meditate and embrace Mary, and Mentoring.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome Damon and Melanie Owens as they give a talk entitled "Unequally Yoked: Getting the Marriage You Want from the Marriage You Have."
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will discuss Sam Fatzinger's talk "A Catholic Guide to Spending Less and Living More" The audio and video for the talk, as well as the reflection questions can be found HERE.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters, especially Kate Christianson, Katylee McInerney, Sheila Bisson who is recovering from recent surgery, Geraldine Broglio (complete healing from hand surgery), and Kay Robinson (Jennifer's D's mom).
- Our spiritual director, Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses, especially those of whom you may have spiritually adopted.
- Our speakers — especially: 1) Theresa Bonapartis for healing of her back, 2) Susan Conroy for her health, 3) Sr. Mary Michael Fox, first for the peace of Christ to be with her and her family as her dear sister Chris draws closer to her time of going home to be with our Lord and second that the editing process for her new book goes smoothly, and 4) Colleen Duggan and her baby, who the doctors are saying has a 90% chance of having Downs syndrome.
Supreme Court Justices — Please let us all pray today for wisdom, strength, and courage for our Supreme Court Justices and for Life to be victorious. Note that we will not know a decision most likely until June). This NEW VIDEO is an insightful explanation of the abortion issue in law.
- New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at email@example.com.
- USCCB & SUPREME COURT — For a reminder of prayer intentions for the USCCB and Supreme Court, please view this LINK and see UPDATE.
- LOGISTICS — For a reminder of any information associated with zoom small group, parking, masks, public health, babysitting, or registration, please view this LINK.
- DONATIONS — For a reminder of how to donate to TASTE or the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord, please view this LINK.
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!