October 17, 2021
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- This past week, Colleen Duggan gave us a talk entitled "The 4 Keys to Hearing God's Voice." During this talk, she shared her strong desire and long quest to hear God's voice and then conveyed her personal experience of hearing His voice. She noted that learning the 4 keys was the turning point to successfully hearing His voice and having a personal relationship with God. The 4 keys are: 1) quiet your mind and heart, 2) picture yourself with Jesus, 3) pay attention to the spontaneous thoughts that light up your heart and mind, and 4) write them down.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome back Kevin Wells as he gives a talk entitled "Al Schwartz: An American Superhero and Future Saint."
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Colleen Duggan's talk entitled "The 4 Keys to Hearing God's Voice. The audio and video of this talk and Reflection Questions are included HERE.
- LOGISTICS — For a reminder of any information associated with zoom small group, parking, masks, public health, babysitting, or registration, please view this LINK.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for: All our TASTE sisters, Kate Christianson, Patty Aghdam, Kay Robinson (Jennifer's D's mom), Susan Conroy, our spiritual director Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TASTE DONATIONS — There are 3 ways you can donate to TASTE to help defray our costs: 1) in-person, 2) electronically on our web site, or 3) by physical mail. Checks should be made out to "TASTE" and can be mailed to: Joy Parker, 12649 W Oak Drive, Mount Airy, MD 21771. As usual, thank you so much for your generosity!
- OTHER DONATIONS — In past years, we routinely collected donations for the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord. We would like to begin that again. While they would gladly accept any donation, their community is particularly happy to receive: Mozzarella cheese, Peanut Butter, Gluten Free Flour, Coffee, Sugar, Toilet Paper, Tissues, and any other non-perishable food.
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!