October 3, 2021
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- This past week, Fr. Shaun Foggo gave a talk entitled "The Power of Confession" and called it the "Lost Jewel of the Church." He acknowledged that for so many people, facing the shame of their sin is difficult and it keeps them from confession. Using an analogy, he said that if a sick person is too ashamed to show the doctor his wound(s), the doctor cannot heal him. From a spiritual perspective, if we open our hearts to allow the Lord to enter, do a good examination of conscious, and bring our sins to the light of Christ through the priest in confession, we will not only be forgiven, but our Lord will gradually heal our wounds and pain which so often leads us to sin.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — This week, Fr. John Barry will give a talk entitled Know St. Joseph as Your Spiritual Father. If you would like to learn more about St. Joseph before or after this talk, we recommend you listen to Dr. Brant Pitre's talk. LINK
- PRAY FOR PRIESTS — One of our three TASTE missions is to encourage priests in their ministry. Our "Pray for Priests Program" enables this by assigning a specific priest to each women to spiritually adopt and pray for during the year. To sign-up to pray for a priest, click on this LINK. Our formal ceremony where we take a picture of all women holding their prayer card will be this Thursday, October 7th.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Fr. Shaun Foggo's talk entitled The Power of Confession. The audio and video of his talk and Reflection Questions are all included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION — In addition to our in-person small groups at TASTE, we will have a virtual small group for women who cannot attend in person. This is open to all women of TASTE as your regular group or on a drop-in basis. If you have not yet participated virtually, but would like to, please make sure you have the Zoom app installed on your phone, tablet or computer. LINK See attached NOTES. This year's virtual small group will be Tuesdays from 10:30-11:00 facilitated by Mary Geisey and Maria Montgomery. Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2021 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. To access reflection questions and materials to prepare for small group each week, please visit LINK to download and print your copy. Completing the Reflection Questions prior to your small group meeting will greatly enhance the quality of small group discussion!
- GIVE AWAYS — TASTE has a number of “left over” paperbacks, and they must be cleared out of the chapel in the next few weeks. We are giving them away (or you can leave a free will offering in the basket). Please consider taking books for yourselves and/or to give as gifts. Maybe you know of a ministry or high school that might appreciate receiving them.
- ROSARY — When we meet this Thursday, it will be the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, also known as Our Lady of Victory. Let's plan on praying the Rosary together after the lecture! Details and location will be announced at TASTE on Thursday.
- LOGISTICS — For a reminder of any information associated with parking, masks, public health, babysitting, or registration, please view this LINK.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for: All our TASTE sisters, Kate Christianson, Patty Aghdam, Kay Robinson (Jennifer's D's mom), Susan Conroy, our spiritual director Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses. New prayer requests can be sent to Joy Parker at email@example.com.
- TASTE DONATIONS — There are 3 ways you can donate to TASTE to help defray our costs: 1) in-person, 2) electronically on our web site, or 3) by physical mail. Checks should be made out to "TASTE" and can be mailed to: Joy Parker, 12649 W Oak Drive, Mount Airy, MD 21771. As usual, thank you so much for your generosity!
- OTHER DONATIONS — In past years, we routinely collected donations for the Sisters of the Servants of the Lord. We would like to begin that again. While they would gladly accept any donation, their community is particularly happy to receive: Mozzarella cheese, Peanut Butter, Gluten Free Flour, Coffee, Sugar, Toilet Paper, Tissues, and any other non-perishable food.
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!