Called to Be Light in the Darkness
"The light shines
in the darkness
and the darkness
has not overcome it."
~ John 1:5
September 19, 2021
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- Welcome to the 2021/2022 season of TASTE! The Lord encourages us to be Light in the Darkness and what a perfect theme for this year! We continue to observe public health safety recommendations and are ready to greet those who are able to join us Thursday, September 23rd, 2021 following the 9:00 mass at St. Mary of the Mills. For those TASTE-sisters who are unable to attend in person, all talks will be made available online that afternoon.
- Thank you to those who completed the survey. About 80 women RSVP'd and it looks like we will have at least 55 women attending in person — Praise the Lord! Please know that even if you have not RSVP'd, you are welcome to attend.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- LOCATION — How nice it will be to return to our regular location in St. Vincent Pallotti High School Chapel after having to be completely virtual at the beginning of COVID and in an alternative location for all of last year! LINK
- PARKING — There is no parking during the week in the main parking lot for the Church near the elementary school. Instead, St. Mary's is asking all parishioners, guests, and ministries to park either at the Keesler Center parking lot or on the street. Since there will be limited parking, carpooling is recommended
- FACE MASKS –- Must be worn at St. Mary's Church and St. Vincent Pallotti High School. Please bring your own.
- PUBLIC HEALTH -- If you have a fever, are not feeling well or have been in contact with someone with known or suspected COVID, please stay home and listen to the lecture online.
- NEW TALK — Msgr. Charles Pope will kickoff our 15th year this Thursday by introducing our theme "Called to be Light in the Darkness." While we will not be live-streaming this year, we will be posting all talks to our website after the session for those who are unable to attend in person.
- SMALL GROUP SHARING — We anticipate having 5 or 6 in-person small groups this year. Additionally, we will have a virtual small group for women who cannot attend in person. This is open to all women of TASTE as your regular group or on a drop- in basis. If you have not yet participated virtually, but would like to, please make sure you have the Zoom app installed on your phone, tablet or computer. LINK See attached NOTES. This year's virtual small group will be Tuesdays from 10:00-10:30 facilitated by Mary Geisey and Maria Montgomery. Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2021 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. To access materials to prepare for small group each week, you can use this LINK .
- Weekly Reflection Questions: will be available from the website each week. Please visit LINK to download and print your copy. Completing the Reflection Questions prior to your small group meeting will greatly enhance the quality of small group discussion!
- BABYSITTING — Just a reminder that we are unable to offer TASTE for Tots babysitting this year because of logistics associated with COVID. Since we know how challenging it can be to find alternative care, we hope some of our moms may be able to participate by listening to the talks on the web and perhaps even take advantage of virtual small group sharing. See above for more details.
- PRAY FOR PRIESTS — One of our three TASTE missions is to encourage priests in their ministry. Our "Pray for Priests Program" enables this by assigning a specific priest to each women to spiritually adopt and pray for during the year. To sign-up to pray for a priest, click on this LINK. Our formal ceremony where we take a picture of all women holding their prayer card will be on October 7th.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters
- Kate Christianson
- Kay Robinson (Jennifer's D's mom)
- Patty Aghdam
- Julie Reynold - prayer of thanksgiving for healing of burns
- Our spiritual director Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses.
- New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DONATIONS — There are 3 ways you can donate to TASTE to help defray our costs: 1) in-person, 2) electronically on our web site, or 3) by physical mail. Checks should be made out to "TASTE" and can be mailed to: Joy Parker, 12649 W Oak Drive, Mount Airy, MD 21771. As usual, thank you so much for your generosity!
- INFO / REGISTRATION — To see the most current information, details are included HERE. If you haven't already registered, please do so while you are on that page since we refresh our mailing list every year. Also, don't forget to invite a friend!
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!