August 29, 2021
Dear Ladies and Friends of TASTE,
- The TASTE Service Team met for a morning retreat this past week with Sr. Mary Michael to help prepare for and energize us for the upcoming season. We used St. Alphonsus' method for mental prayer (LINK) to meditate on scripture verses associated with this year's theme "Light in the Darkness" (LINK). During this short retreat, we talked about planning a TASTE-wide retreat and will look into that as COVID subsides.
- Preparations continue for the fall semester. Although we included information in our last email, in case you have not yet been able to see it or want to view any updates, details are included HERE. If you haven't already registered, please do so while you are on that page since we refresh our mailing list every year.
- Father Dan Leary and Father Larry Swink will be offering a Women's Weekend Retreat at the Malvern Retreat House (Malvern PA) October 8-10. While this retreat is already full, they are taking names of people interested because they often have cancellations. If you are interested in being on their waiting list, see LINK. To see more information on Anima Christi Retreats, go to their home PAGE or to listen to past talks, go to this LINK.
- A retreat on St. Ignatius Spiritual Exercises will be held this Friday, September 3 (5 pm arrival begins, 6 pm dinner) through Monday September 6 (end with lunch together at 12:30 pm. See LINK for details. As the form says, please call first.
- Thank you to all those who wrote beautiful words of encouragement, offered prayers & masses, and contributed resources for Susan Conroy. Your generosity of time, talent, and treasure was heart-lifting and will be most graciously appreciated during this difficult time. If anyone still wishes to offer prayers, notes of encouragement, and/or donations to Susan, please reply to this email or directly to Karen (email@example.com) as she will forward them to Susan.
- We so look forward to seeing each and every one of you soon! Stay safe.
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!