May 2, 2021
Ladies of TASTE,
- Last week, we had our final talk for this season in which Susan Brinkmann shared "The Little Way to Surrender." During this talk, Susan shared with us the simple but profound wisdom of St. Therese as she discussed: 1) our need for humility, 2) in whom we should have confidence, and 3) God's desire for us to surrender to Him. As St. Therese said, "Spiritual childhood is the way of confidence and abandonment . . . It means that we acknowledge our nothingness; that we expect everything from the good Lord, as a child expects everything from its father; it means to worry about nothing…” What a beautiful message to reflect on as we end this season!
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- END OF YEAR GATHERING — This Thursday, we will use our typical speaker time and associated link to have our end of year gathering. However, instead of being physically together to share a meal, we welcome you to join us in an end of year wrap-up zoom session with your cup of coffee or tea and your favorite danish, yogurt, or other tasty treat. We welcome your input regarding how you felt about this TASTE season and how it might have impacted you.
- This discussion will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 PLEASE NOTE: Opening Prayer will begin promptly at 10:20 if you would like to join us for that. The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. Remember, we are not meeting at St. Mary's until further notice.
- REGISTRATION for TASTE for the 2021-2022 year is officially open! Please sign up using this LINK. We will keep you updated over the summer regarding how TASTE will be meeting in the Fall. Pray that we will be able to safely meet in person!
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION— We will reflect on Susan Brinkmann's talk entitled "The Little Way to Surrender." The audio and video of her talk as well as Reflection Questions are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters
- Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Laura Chighizola, Evelyn Dunne, and Katylee McInerney
- Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens) and Linda Marcus (mother of Alyssa Andrews).
- Linda Johnson’s great nephew Dylan who had heart transplant surgery, had sone serious complications, is improving, but is still in need of prayer.
- Donna DeLorenzo who had emergency surgery several weeks ago.
- Laura Chighizola's family members recovering from Covid-19
- Sarah Strauser, 17 year old daughter of a friend of Theresa Williamson, who is suffering greatly from scoliosis and is unable to tolerate pain medications.
- Sr. Mary Michael's sister Chris who needs a medical miracle from St. Joseph to cure stage 4 cancer in her lungs.
- Our spiritual director Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses.
- New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EUCHARISTIC ADORERS NEEDED — A few weeks ago, we mentioned that one of our own (Maryella Hierholzer) published her first article in the National Catholic Register. She highlighted Father Boric's efforts to establish a perpetual Adoration at the Basilica of the Assumption to help bring God to Baltimore to overcome violence, racism, and corruption in the city and to have a place where individuals can grow closer to Christ. On May 31, 2021, the Pope Saint John Paul II Eucharistic Adoration Chapel will be dedicated and opened for perpetual adoration and could use additional Eucharistic Adorers. LINK SIGN-UP
- PARENTING CONFERENCE — Alpha and Omega Clinic is sponsoring a 5-session webinar called "Nurtured for Greatness: Raising Resilient Children in a Complex World." Each talk will be on Thursday evenings beginning April 29th. LINK
- ST. JOSEPH GEMS — As we celebrate this special Year of St. Joseph, transform your routine with a daily meditation from Fr. Donald Calloway's book St. Joseph Gems: Daily Wisdom on our Spiritual Father. Meditations will begin arriving in your email after signing up online and will continue until Dec. 8. LINK
Donations - The "donate" option through the TASTE website is currently not working. But you can mail a check made out to "TASTE" to:
12649 W Oak Drive
Mount Airy, MD 21771
Thank you so much for your generosity, especially this year!!
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!