April 18, 2021
Ladies of TASTE,
- TASTE SURVEY — For those of you who have already completed the survey, thank you so much! For those of you who have not, we really need your input to help us make plans for TASTE for the 2021-2022 year. This feedback is so critical to the future of TASTE that we are offering those who complete the survey a chance to win a $50.00 gift certificate to Our Lady’s Center! Thank you in advance for taking the time to fill out the survey. We appreciate your input more than you know. SURVEY
- Last week, Steve Weidenkopf shared with us "The Real Story of Catholic History." During this talk, he highlighted historical Anti-Catholic myths and misunderstanding. While his book contains 55 myths, he focused on 4 areas for this talk -- the Early Church, the Crusades, the Papacy, and Mixed Bag topics.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — Can you believe we only have two talks left this season! This week, Fr. Christian Huebner shares with us a talk entitled "Thy Will Be Done." This talk will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30 or anytime after it has been uploaded to our website. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 PLEASE NOTE: Opening Prayer will begin promptly at 10:20 if you would like to join us for that. The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. Remember, we are not meeting at St. Mary's until further notice.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION— We will reflect on Steve Weidenkopf's talk "The Real Story of Catholic History." The audio and video of his talk as well as Reflection Questions are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters and all priests, especially our spiritual director Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses.
- Mike Tenney's mother-in-law, Theresa Higdon, who passed away at 3pm on Divine Mercy Sunday. Please pray for the repose of her soul as well as her family, including her husband Chet Higdon who serves as St. Mary of the Mills' facility manager.
- Linda Johnson’s great nephew Dylan who had heart transplant surgery and is not doing well.
- Donna DeLorenzo who had emergency surgery several weeks ago.
- Laura Chighizola's family members recovering from Covid-19
- Sarah Strauser, 17 year old daughter of a friend of Theresa Williamson, who is suffering greatly from scoliosis and is unable to tolerate pain medications.
- Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Laura Chighizola, Evelyn Dunne, Katylee McInerney, Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens), and Linda Marcus (mother of Alyssa Andrews).
- Sr. Mary Michael's sister Chris who needs a medical miracle from St. Joseph to cure stage 4 cancer in her lungs.
- New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at email@example.com.
- PARENTING CONFERENCE — Alpha and Omega Clinic is sponsoring a 5-session webinar called "Nurtured for Greatness: Raising Resilient Children in a Complex World." Each talk will be on Thursday evenings beginning April 29th. LINK
- ST. JOSEPH GEMS — As we celebrate this special Year of St. Joseph, transform your routine with a daily meditation from Fr. Donald Calloway's book St. Joseph Gems: Daily Wisdom on our Spiritual Father. Meditations will begin arriving in your email after signing up online and will continue until Dec. 8. LINK
Donations - The "donate" option through the TASTE website is currently not working. But you can mail a check made out to "TASTE" to:
12649 W Oak Drive
Mount Airy, MD 21771
Thank you so much for your generosity, especially this year!
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!