March 7, 2021
Ladies of TASTE,
- This past week, we were blessed to have Mike Tenney back to share his 3rd talk of a six-part Lenten series. In his talk entitled Be Not Afraid - In Suffering. Mike discussed the paradox and value of suffering as well as two everyday spiritualities of St. Josemaria Escriva and St. Therese of Lisieux which concluded in striving to make every action and thought a prayer.
- Some of our TASTE sisters attended the funeral for Gini Linsenmeyer. For those who would like to read the eulogies, they are provided. Warning -- have your tissues handy. LINK
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — This week, Mike Tenney returns for the 4th of his 6-Part Lenten Series. This week's talk is entitled Be Not Afraid - In Speaking the Truth. This talk will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30 or anytime after it has been uploaded to our website. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 PLEASE NOTE: Opening Prayer will begin promptly at 10:20 if you would like to join us for that. The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. Remember, we are not meeting at St. Mary's until further notice.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Mike Tenney's talk entitled Be Not Afraid - In Suffering. The audio and video of his talk, Reflection Questions, and references that he mentioned are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters and all priests, especially our spiritual director Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses.
- Linda Johnson’s great nephew Dylan who just had heart transplant surgery on Sunday. He is in the ICU now and will remain heavily sedated until his chest is closed up and they will start to try to wake him up in the next 3 - 5 days.
- Terri Bueno, her husband Ramon, and Laura Chighizola's family members recovering from Covid-19
- Sarah Strauser, 17 year old daughter of a friend of Theresa Williamson, who is suffering greatly from scoliosis and is unable to tolerate pain medications.
- Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Laura Chighizola, Evelyn Dunne, Katylee McInerney, Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens), and Linda Marcus (mother of Alyssa Andrews).
- The repose of the souls of Betty Albanesi and Gini Linsenmeyer and for God's healing and comfort for their families.
- Sr. Mary Michael's sister Chris who needs a medical miracle from St. Joseph to cure stage 4 cancer in her lungs.
- New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LENTEN JOURNEY — Fr. Dan Leary and Kevin Wells are offering a free/virtual Lenten series at One 2 One podcasts. Talks will be posted weekly on Fridays during Lent. Through the process, they will teach you about a selfless person, Venerable Fr. Al Schwartz. This future saint was instrumental in bringing Christ to the poor and transforming their communities. LINK
- VIRTUAL CATHOLIC CONFERENCE — Check out this conference entitled "My Peace I Give You" which will be held virtually on March 12-14. Attendees from last year shared with us that it was very good. LINK
- LENTEN REFLECTION BOOK & WEEKLY DEVOTIONS — To help you draw closer to God during this Lenten season, EWTN is offering a free eBook, 2021 Lenten Reflections. Fr. Joseph will share a weekly devotional along with Sunday’s Mass readings to help us prepare for a glorious celebration of Easter. As we take up our cross and follow Christ, our journey becomes one of love, healing, and forgiveness. Here is a LINK to get your free copy of the 2021 Lenten Reflections eBook. After you download it, you’ll also receive the weekly devotionals via email each Sunday of Lent.
- ST. JOSEPH GEMS — As we celebrate this special Year of St. Joseph, transform your routine with a daily meditation from Fr. Donald Calloway's book St. Joseph Gems: Daily Wisdom on our Spiritual Father. Meditations will begin arriving in your email on Feb. 1 and end on Dec. 8. LINK
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!