February 28, 2021
Ladies of TASTE,
- It is with great sadness that we share with you the news of Gini Linsenmeyer's passing on Friday, February 26th. While we will dearly miss her, we are grateful that she is no longer suffering. Gini's viewing and funeral will be Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at St. Mary of the Mills Church — just one week after the funeral for our other TASTE sister, Betty Albanesi. Can you just imagine their reunion, both of them meeting other saints in heaven, and seeing the beatific vision? Gini's viewing will be from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm (Note: 10:45-11:00 is family only) and the Funeral Mass will be at noon with the Burial immediately following at St. Mary's Cemetery. Please keep Gini's children in your prayers.
- This past week, we were blessed to have Mike Tenney back to share his 2nd talk of a six-part Lenten series. In his talk entitled Be Not Afraid - In Discernment & Decisions, Mike not only explained St. Ignatius’s Steps to Discernment, but he also shared wisdom from the saints on why understanding ourselves is beneficial to this process.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — This week, Mike Tenney returns for the 3rd of his 6-Part Lenten Series. This week's talk is entitled Be Not Afraid - In Suffering. This talk will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30 or anytime after it has been uploaded to our website. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 PLEASE NOTE: Opening Prayer will begin promptly at 10:20 if you would like to join us for that. The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. Remember, we are not meeting at St. Mary's until further notice.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Mike Tenney's talk entitled Be Not Afraid - In Discernment and Decisions. The audio and video of his talk, Reflection Questions, and references that he mentioned are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for Terri Bueno, her husband Ramon, and Laura Chighizola's family members who are battling or recovering from COVID, and Sarah Strauser, 17 year old daughter of a friend of Theresa Williamson, who is suffering greatly from scoliosis and is unable to tolerate pain medications. Please continue to keep Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Laura Chighizola, Evelyn Dunne, Katylee McInerney, and Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens) in your prayers. Please pray for the repose of the souls of Betty Albanesi and Gini Linsenmeyer and for God's healing and comfort for their families. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LENTEN JOURNEY — Fr. Dan Leary and Kevin Wells are offering a free/virtual Lenten series at One 2 One podcasts. Talks will be posted weekly on Fridays starting February 19th. Through the process, they will teach you about a selfless person, Venerable Fr. Al Schwartz. This future saint was instrumental in bringing Christ to the poor and transforming their communities. LINK
- VIRTUAL CATHOLIC CONFERENCE — Check out this conference entitled "My Peace I Give You" which will be held virtually on March 12-14. Attendees from last year shared with us that it was very good. LINK
- LENTEN REFLECTION BOOK & WEEKLY DEVOTIONS — To help you draw closer to God during this Lenten season, EWTN is offering a free eBook, 2021 Lenten Reflections. Fr. Joseph will share a weekly devotional along with Sunday’s Mass readings to help us prepare for a glorious celebration of Easter. As we take up our cross and follow Christ, our journey becomes one of love, healing, and forgiveness. Here is a LINK to get your free copy of the 2021 Lenten Reflections eBook. After you download it, you’ll also receive the weekly devotionals via email starting Ash Wednesday and continuing each Sunday of Lent.
- ST. JOSEPH GEMS — As we celebrate this special Year of St. Joseph, transform your routine with a daily meditation from Fr. Donald Calloway's book St. Joseph Gems: Daily Wisdom on our Spiritual Father. Meditations will begin arriving in your email on Feb. 1 and end on Dec. 8. LINK
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!