January 31, 2021
Ladies of TASTE,
- We have been praying for over a year for long-time TASTE sister, Gini Linsenmeyer. We have received word that she may be very near the end of her hard fought battle with cancer. Gini's sister-in-law, Terry, is also a member of TASTE. Terry has asked if we could fervently pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for Gini. Gini and the family also desperately want to be together in her final days. A miracle is needed for her family to be admitted to her in the hospital, or even better, to bring Gini home from the hospital.
- How wonderful it was to learn more about the Eucharist through St. Thomas Aquinas' famous hymn (Lauda Sion Salvatorem) requested and written for the Feast of Corpus Christi. During her 3rd talk, Sr. Mary Michael Fox shared with us about the life of this eminent theologian and passionate poet. With a beautiful voice, she sang lyrics from this hymn as she clearly described the meaning of each stanza of his great work. LINK. Additionally, Sr. Mary Michael Fox mentioned that there are free, on-line video courses available through Aquinas 101. LINK
- After the talk, Sr. Mary Michael Fox introduced us to one of the authors she has been recommending during her previous two talks. Author Jean Heaton shared her personal story and reflected on what led her to write her book, "Helping Families Recover From Addiction." LINK. Jean is offering this book to TASTE for a special price of $12, which includes shipping. If you are interested in purchasing this book, please email email@example.com for payment details by Monday, Feb. 1st.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — While we expected to welcome back Fr. Virginus Osuagwu to speak to us this week, he is currently in Nigeria and due to new COVID restrictions (having to pass a test before re-entry), he will not be returning to the US until Feb 6th. Based on this, we requested Fr. Swink join us to answer questions about faith, living our faith during these current events, or pretty much anything else. In spite of the short notice, he graciously accepted the invitation.
- If you would like submit to one or more questions, please respond to any of our weekly emails with your questions by noon on Feb. 2nd. While he may not be able to get to every question, having them in advance will increase the chances of getting to as many as possible.
- This talk will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30 or anytime after it has been uploaded to our website. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. Remember, we are not meeting at St. Mary's until further notice.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Sr. Mary Michael Fox's talk "Godhead Here in Hiding: Discovering the Poetic Theology of St. Thomas Aquinas." The audio and video of her talk and Reflection Questions are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for Terri Bueno, her husband, and Laura Chighizola's family members who are battling COVID. Please continue to keep Gini Linsenmeyer (see above), Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Evelyn Dunne, Katylee McInerney, Betty Albanesi (who recently suffered a heart attack and is newly diagnosed with cancer) and Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens) in your prayers. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ST. JOSEPH GEMS — As we celebrate this special Year of St. Joseph, transform your routine with a daily meditation from Fr. Donald Calloway's book St. Joseph Gems: Daily Wisdom on our Spiritual Father. Meditations will begin arriving in your email on Feb. 1 and end on Dec. 8. LINK
TASTE DONATIONS — We are always so grateful for your generous donations to TASTE which help us to pay our speakers and cover other expenses. If you would like to mail your donation, please make checks out to TASTE and send to Joy Parker. Address in the email.
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!