April 11, 2021
Ladies of TASTE,
- HAPPY DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY! Jesus made it very clear that on Divine Mercy Sunday, the Divine Floodgates would be opened wide and He would offer total forgiveness of all sins and punishment to any soul who would go to Confession and receive Holy Communion on that day. This total forgiveness of sin is reminiscent of what the Lord told His people, in the Old Testament, to prepare for an outpouring of graces on the Day of Atonement or the grand finale of a 10 day feast. How interesting that Divine Mercy Sunday is exactly 10 days after Holy Thursday!
- TASTE SURVEY — This week we are introducing a survey to help us make plans for TASTE for the 2021-2022 year. We ask for your help by completing it and giving us as much input as possible about how this last year has gone for you at TASTE. We would also like to know your thoughts for next year as well, regardless of whether you participated in TASTE this past year. We urge you to be completely honest in your answers and recommendations. This feedback is so critical to the future of TASTE that we are offering those who complete the survey a chance to win a $50.00 gift certificate to Our Lady’s Center! Thank you in advance for taking the time to fill out the survey. We appreciate your input more than you know. SURVEY
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — This week, Steve Weidenkopf shares with us "The Real Story of Catholic History." This talk will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30 or anytime after it has been uploaded to our website. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 PLEASE NOTE: Opening Prayer will begin promptly at 10:20 if you would like to join us for that. The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. Remember, we are not meeting at St. Mary's until further notice.
- SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION will not be held this week, but will resume next week when we discuss Steve's talk.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please pray for:
- All our TASTE sisters and all priests, especially our spiritual director Fr. Larry Swink as well as all of the priests in the Baltimore and Washington Archdioceses.
- Linda Johnson’s great nephew Dylan who had heart transplant surgery and is not doing well.
- Donna DeLorenzo who had emergency surgery several weeks ago.
- Laura Chighizola's family members recovering from Covid-19
- Sarah Strauser, 17 year old daughter of a friend of Theresa Williamson, who is suffering greatly from scoliosis and is unable to tolerate pain medications.
- Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Laura Chighizola, Evelyn Dunne, Katylee McInerney, Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens), and Linda Marcus (mother of Alyssa Andrews).
- Sr. Mary Michael's sister Chris who needs a medical miracle from St. Joseph to cure stage 4 cancer in her lungs.
- New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ST. JOSEPH GEMS — As we celebrate this special Year of St. Joseph, transform your routine with a daily meditation from Fr. Donald Calloway's book St. Joseph Gems: Daily Wisdom on our Spiritual Father. Meditations will begin arriving in your email on Feb. 1 and end on Dec. 8. LINK
Donations - The "donate" option through the TASTE website is currently not working. But you can mail a check made out to "TASTE" to:
12649 W Oak Drive
Mount Airy, MD 21771
Thank you so much for your generosity, especially this year!
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!