December 13, 2020
Ladies of TASTE,
- We hope you are all safe and warm at home on this snowy day! No TASTE this week but don't miss out on our most recent speaker:
- This past week, John-Mark Miravalle gave a talk on "Rest and the Discipline of Delight". With Christmas only days away, cookies to bake, gifts to wrap, and other preparations to take care of, who would have thought a talk focusing on REST could be so relevant? Yet, this talk has the potential to transform our lives if we can simply rest on the Sabbath and acknowledge that our worth simply depends on our existence and not our performance. Though this may sound easy, it actually requires discipline. By taking steps in this direction, we can counter some of our old habits of workaholism (making work the goal of life) and idleness (a restless attempt to escape reality). So together, let's become more aware of the duty of delight and prepare for heaven by practicing the discipline of rest!
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- CHRISTMAS BREAK — Remember, there will be no talk this week. We will be off for 4 weeks in celebration of Christmas and New Year's and TASTE will resume on 1/14/21. Each of you will be in our thoughts and prayers especially during the weeks we will not be together! Enjoy the time off and try to get some rest!
TASTE SMALL GROUPS: to
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION— We will reflect on John-Mark Miravalle's talk "Rest and the Discipline of Delight". The audio and video of his talk and Reflection Questions are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- CHRISTMAS CONCERT — Did you think you would not be able to attend a Christmas Concert this year? SCRC Catholic Renewal Presents: Brighten your spirits with this free Christmas Concert. LINK
- FREE BIBLE CONFERENCE — Do you want to know and read the Bible more, but don't know where to start? Attend the free virtual Catholic Conference from 8-10 January 2021. LINK
- TASTE DONATIONS — Would you like to make a donation to TASTE before the end of the calendar year so that you can include it as a donation on your taxes? If so, feel free to send a check made out to TASTE to: TASTE c/o, Joy Parker, 12649 W Oak Drive, Mount Airy, MD 21771. Our website/online donation option doesn't seem to be working currently so if you would prefer to donate through PayPal, please contact Joy at email@example.com. Thank you all so much for your generous support!
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please continue to keep Gini Linsenmeyer, Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Katylee McInerney, Betty Albanesi and Cristl Spicer (daughter of Cathy Homens) in your prayers. Please also pray for Anthony Spezio (son of Josie) and Evelyn Dunne (a former member who many may know) who has Parkinson's and recently lost her husband to Covid-19. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THANK YOU to those who have agreed to participate in the Spiritual Adoption of Priests program which is to "encourage priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Should anyone else want to sign up, simply contact Jennifer Dougherty at email@example.com 240-522-1596.
- SUPPORT THE HUNGRY— Although we are no longer meeting at St. Mary's, if anyone happens to be in the area and would like to support their food pantry, no doubt they would be grateful. This is a great opportunity to bring non-perishable foods, diapers of any size, and/or baby wipes to help them meet the needs of those in the Laurel community. See regular NEEDS
- SUPPORT PALLOTTI HS — Pallotti HS is 100 years old and commemorating with a lovely Christmas ornament. Please see attached order form. Contact Claire Rudinski (CRudinski@pallottihs.org) with questions. LINK
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!