December 6, 2020
Ladies of TASTE,
- Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception of our Blessed Mother! May we always strive to imitate our sinless heavenly mother and know that she loves us. See the end of this email for a special prayer.
- Please try to keep these remaining days of Advent especially prayerful for you and focused on the arrival of our Lord and Savior. This year many of us will be having scaled-back celebrations due to Covid. Take advantage of this opportunity to pare down your activities so that you and your family aren't distracted from CHRIST-mas by the usual flurry of preparations.
- This past week, Fr. Matt Buening gave us a talk called "O Come Let Us Adore Him." By describing the coming of the shepherds, the coming of the wisemen, and the adventure of the Holy Family, Fr. Buening reminded us that advent is a time to remove ourselves a bit from this world and focus on the fundamental, simple, and loving ways in which God wants to come to us. He encouraged us take up the challenge of Advent to be purified and refreshed so that we may "Come, Let Us Adore Him."
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — As Advent continues, John-Mark Miravalle will be giving a talk "Rest and the Discipline of Delight". Please note that this talk will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30 or anytime after it has been uploaded to our website. Follow along with the outline that he provided in advance from this LINK. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions. Attached is his outline which he feels would be helpful to have during his talk. Remember, we are not meeting at St. Mary's until further notice.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS: to
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Fr. Matt Buening's talk "O Come Let Us Adore Him." The audio and video of his talk and Reflection Questions are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- REMEMBER — This week's talk is the last one before Christmas. Then, we will be off for 4 weeks in celebration of Christmas and New Years and TASTE will resume on 1/14/21. You will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers especially during the weeks we will not be together!
- CHRISTMAS CONCERT — Did you think you would not be able to attend a Christmas Concert this year? SCRC Catholic Renewal Presents: Brighten your spirits with this free Christmas Concert. LINK
- FREE BIBLE CONFERENCE — Do you want to know and read the Bible more, but don't know where to start? Attend the free virtual Catholic Conference from 8-10 January 2021. LINK
- TASTE DONATIONS — Would you like to make a donation to TASTE before the end of the calendar year so that you can include it as a donation on your taxes? If so, feel free to send a check made out to TASTE to: TASTE c/o, Joy Parker, 12649 W Oak Drive, Mount Airy, MD 21771. Our website/online donation option doesn't seem to be working currently so if you would prefer to donate through PayPal, please contact Joy at email@example.com. Thank you all so much for your generous support!
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please continue to keep Gini Linsenmeyer, Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Katylee McInerney, and Betty Albanesi in your prayers. Please also pray for Anthony Spezio (son of Josie) and Evelyn Dunne (a former member who many may know) who has Parkinson's and recently lost her husband to Covid-19. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THANK YOU to those who have agreed to participate in the Spiritual Adoption of Priests program which is to "encourage priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Should anyone else want to sign up, simply contact Jennifer Dougherty at email@example.com or 240-522-1596.
- SUPPORT THE HUNGRY — Although we are no longer meeting at St. Mary's, if anyone happens to be in the area and would like to support their food pantry, no doubt they would be grateful. This is a great opportunity to bring non-perishable foods, diapers of any size, and/or baby wipes to help them meet the needs of those in the Laurel community. See regular NEEDS
- SUPPORT PALLOTTI HS — Pallotti HS is 100 years old and commemorating with a lovely Christmas ornament. Please see attached order form. Contact Claire Rudinski (CRudinski@pallottihs.org) with questions. LINK
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!