November 15, 2020
Ladies of TASTE,
To comply with Prince George's County restrictions on gatherings, St. Mary of the Mills cancelled all activities other than their Masses. We are so grateful that St. Mary's allowed us to use the gymnasium this long. They have been very gracious in accommodating us and we so appreciate their consideration of our group's needs.
While TASTE will not be able to meet in person for the foreseeable future, we will revert back to having our speakers be live-streamed via Zoom or pre-recorded. Both of these types of virtual talks will be made available on the web for viewing at your convenience.
- This past week, Joan Watson shared her life changing experience while on pilgrimage and reminded us how vitally important it is to continue our adult formation. To support this growth of holiness and the graces that flow from it, she reminded us that we can not only go on a pilgrimage overseas or here in the states, but that our life itself is a journey and an on-going process of salvation.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — While we are postponing Colleen Duggan's talk until it can be done in person, our Lord once again provided for us! Kristen Fisher agreed to talk to us on "Gratitude: Good for the Brain, Good for the Soul." With Thanksgiving right around the corner and the challenges so many of us are facing, this talk could not be more timely. Please note that this talk will be live streamed and can be watched in the comfort of your home Thursday morning at 10:30 or anytime after it has been uploaded to our website. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Joan Watson's talk Your Life is a Pilgrimage. The audio of her talk and Reflection Questions are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- UPCOMING CONFERENCE — Do you know someone who is Questioning Faith or the Church? On 20 November, Plating Grace, a faith-based community founded by Fr. Leo Patalinghug, will be hosting a virtual conference for those seeking answers and people who want to help them find their way home. This Catholic InFormation Conference includes 15+ speakers (including one of our own TASTE members, Phally Budock). To sign up, click HERE. To see the list of speakers, click HERE. For those who sign up, the talks will be accessible until January 31, 2021.
- UPCOMING TALKS — We have updated our website with the listing of all speakers and talks through December 2020. LINK
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please continue to keep Gini Linsenmeyer, Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, Katylee McInerney, and Betty Albanesi in your prayers. Please also pray for Anthony Spezio (son of Josie) and Evelyn Dunne (a former member who many may know) who has Parkinson's and recently lost her husband to Covid-19. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at email@example.com.
- SUPPORT THE HUNGRY — Although we are no longer meeting at St. Mary's, if anyone happens to be in the area and would like to support their food pantry, no doubt they would be grateful. This is a great opportunity to bring non-perishable foods, diapers of any size, and/or baby wipes to help them meet the needs of those in the Laurel community. See regular NEEDS
- THANK YOU to those who have agreed to participate in the Spiritual Adoption of Priests program which is to "encourage priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Should anyone else want to sign up, simply contact Jennifer Dougherty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-522-1596.
Joy, Michele, Carolyn, and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!