November 1, 2020
What a treat it was to have Mary Lenaburg talk about her life story of redemption through her recent book: Be Brave in the Scared: How I Learned to Trust God during the Most Difficult Days of My Life. She captivated us with her transparency, humor, and experience at Lourdes.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome first time speaker to TASTE, Fr. Ebuka Mbanude, who is a priest at Holy Redeemer Church in Kensington. He will be talking to us about Living the Beatitudes. Please note that this talk will be "in person" which means there will be an audio posted on the website, but NO live video/Zoom simulcast. Also, per Father's request, please bring your bible.
- PRIEST ADOPTION PROGRAM — One of the missions of TASTE is to "encourage priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Please sign up for our Spiritual Adoption of Priests so that we can unite in this mission to be Spiritual Mothers of our Priests. We have approximately 50 names of priests who need our prayers. Please consider signing up as we have many more priests than volunteers at this point. There will be a sign-up list in the Keesler Center. For those who aren't attending in person, please contact Jennifer Dougherty at email@example.com or 240-522-1596.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Mary Lenaburg's talk: Be Brave in the Scared: How I Learned to Trust God during the Most Difficult Days of My Life. The audio of her talk and Reflection Questions are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- UPCOMING TALKS — Would you like to view the upcoming list of speakers and talks? We have updated our website with the listing of all talks through December 2020. LINK
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please continue to keep Gini Linsenmeyer, Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, and Katylee McInerney in your prayers. Please also pray for Evelyn Dunne (a former member who many may know) who has Parkinson's and recently lost her husband to Covid-19. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT — Msgr. Charles Pope wrote this timely article about words of encouragement for a difficult week to come. LINK
Carolyn, Joy, Michele and Karen
Jesus, I trust in You!