October 25, 2020
It was so nice to welcome back one of our regular TASTE speakers, Susan Conroy. Her talk, "The End of the Present World and Heaven", was inspiring as she talked about the end of the world or the end of our lives. She said "Don't be scared, be prepared" and gave us practical advice on how best to be prepared for that day.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — This week, we welcome first time speaker to TASTE, Mary Lenaburg, a Catholic speaker, author, and EWTN guest. Her talk, Be Brave in the Scared: How I Learned to Trust God during the Most Difficult Days of My Life, is based on her recent book which earned a 2020 Excellence in Publishing Award from the Association of Catholic Publishers. We are blessed to have Mary join us "In Person" and hope that you may be able to join us too.
- PRIEST ADOPTION PROGRAM — One of the missions of TASTE is to "encourage priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Please sign up for our Spiritual Adoption of Priests so that we can unite in this mission to be Spiritual Mothers of our Priests. We have approximately 50 names of priests who need our prayers. There will be a sign-up list in the Keesler Center. For those who aren't attending in person, please contact Jennifer Dougherty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-522-1596.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Susan Conroy's talk, "The End of the Present World and Heaven". Both the audio and video of her talk, along with Speaker Handout, Reflection Questions, and other resources are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: TASTE2020 The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Several of our TASTE sisters need our prayers. Please continue to keep Gini Linsenmeyer, Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, and Katylee McInerney in your prayers. Please also pray for Evelyn Dunne (a former member who many may know) who has Parkinson's and recently lost her husband to Covid-19, and her family. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at email@example.com.
- US ELECTION — Remember, to assist you, we have launched a new web page to provide a one-stop shopping for valuable information from both USCCB and EWTN. LINK. Feel free to pass this link along to other people who are also trying to form their conscience.
- 2020/2021 TASTE VIDEO -- A couple weeks ago, we played our official 2020/2021 TASTE Video at the end of a talk. It was created by one of our TASTE sisters, Laura Chighizola who is quite an artist. Laura created the music, took all of the pictures and videos, and edited all of it into a beautiful meditation with scripture verses associated with our theme of "Surrender and Be Refreshed." DIRECT LINK TASTE LINK