October 18, 2020
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
It was so nice to welcome back one of our regular TASTE speakers, Bill Keimig. His talk (Fostering Holiness in Children) was helpful not only for parents, but also for grandparents, godparents, and anyone who interacts with children. The advice he shared is universal in that it could help strengthen any of our relationships. If you have not listened to this talk yet, we encourage you to listen to it online along with viewing his Speaker Handout.
US ELECTION — Our election is right around the corner and as Catholic Christians, we have a true obligation to form our consciences and be active citizens. As we begin our personal process of discernment for the upcoming election, let's ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten our minds so that we can more clearly understand the key issues from a well-informed Catholic perspective. To assist you in this process, we have launched a new web page to provide a one-stop shopping for valuable information from both USCCB and EWTN. LINK. As you prayerfully consider the issues, let us remember the joy of our Catholic faith and its life giving teachings so we can walk through the challenges of this election with confidence, knowing God is always with us.
THIS WEEK AT TASTE:
- NEW TALK — We welcome back one of our regular and gracious speakers, Susan Conroy. Those of you who have attended her talks know that she ministered to the poorest of the poor alongside Mother Teresa and has had numerous appearances on EWTN. Her talk, titled "The End of the Present World and Heaven” will be live streamed and can be watched together with your TASTE sisters at the Keesler Center or in the comfort of your home. At the end of the talk, we will be taking questions from those who come to watch it in person. Access this zoom session via this LINK with the password provided by email. The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- ROSARY AFTER TALK — We invite you to join us in praying the Most Holy Scriptural Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary right after Susan Conroy's talk this Thursday. If you are with us at the Keesler Center, you are welcome to stay and pray. If you join us on Zoom, please stay if you can and pray with us. In particular, we will be praying for the intentions of healing in our country, for the election to be free, fair, and in accordance with God's will, and for all of our TASTE sisters and their loved ones.
- ZOOM SMALL GROUP SURVEY — Our small group sharing has been lightly attended. In spite of that, our facilitators tell us that the discussion has been very good and they would love for more women to participate. Because we miss you, we wanted to take a moment to find out if there is anything we can do to overcome any obstacles to you attending. The very short survey will provide us insights on if we need to adjust times, offer training, or respond to other needs. LINK
- PRIEST ADOPTION PROGRAM — One of the missions of TASTE is to "encourage priests in their ministry through prayer, sacrifice and generous assistance in building up the Body of Christ." Please sign up for our Spiritual Adoption of Priests so that we can unite in this mission to be Spiritual Mothers of our Priests. We have approximately 50 names of priests who need our prayers. There will be a sign-up list in the Keesler Center. For those who aren't attending in person, please contact Jennifer Dougherty at email@example.com or 240-522-1596.
TASTE SMALL GROUPS:
- THIS WEEK'S DISCUSSION — We will reflect on Bill Keimig's talk. Both the audio and video of his talk, along with Speaker Handout, Reflection Questions, and other resources are included HERE.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please feel free to drop in to any of the virtual small groups (Zoom) that best meet your schedule. Zoom small groups will last for 30 minutes:
- MONDAYs from 10:00 - 10:30 facilitated by Maria Montgomery and Karen Schembari
- TUESDAYs from 3:00 - 3:30 facilitated by Jennifer Dougherty and Debbie Schmidt
- WEDNESDAYs from 11:00 - 11:30 facilitated by Mary Giesey and Lori Putman
- Access the meeting via this LINK with the password: In Weekly Email. The Zoom meeting invitation is attached for further options and complete instructions.
- PRAYER REQUESTS — Please continue to keep our TASTE sisters in your prayers. Please continue to keep Gini Linsenmeyer, Helen Martin, Kate Christianson, and Katylee McInerney in your prayers. New prayer requests can be made to Joy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.