April 26, 2020
Dearest Ladies of TASTE,
As we enter into May, this is a good time to remember the words of St. John Paul II about the Blessed Virgin Mary -- "Totus Tuus” (meaning Totally Yours). Related to this, Archbishop Jose Gomez (President of the U.S. bishops' conference) has invited all U.S. bishops (and by extension, all of us) to join him on May 1 in reconsecrating the U.S. to the Blessed Virgin Mary in response to the pandemic. Mary, like all Mothers, knows her Son the best, and she wants to share Him with us in a special way to protect and save us! Interestingly, Saint Louis Mary Grignion de Montfort's feast day was yesterday (April 28) and he was known most for his devotion to our Blessed Mother.
We are so fortunate to have so many wonderful resources to help us in this journey through the next two months with Mary. For more, see the following: 1) Prayer to Mary During the Coronavirus Pandemic from Pope Francis -- LINK, 2) Formed in the Month of Mary & Walk to the 2 Hearts," starting April 28th - June 21, 2020 -- LINK, 3) EWTN Prayer for Consecration to Mary -- LINK, 4) the Bishops Consecration -- LINK, and 5) Saint Louis Mary Grignion de Montfort -- LINK.
This week at TASTE:
- NEW TALK -- In lieu of our originally scheduled talk "Your Life is a Pilgrimage" by Joan Watson, we are making available a previous talk from Fr. Dave Pivonka called Hiking the Camino. Although we cannot meet in person, we think this talk expresses a similar message to the one we anticipated for Thursday. We hope you will feel inspired by Fr. Pivonka's humorous and thought-provoking life lessons he learned while on pilgrimage to the Camino. May this talk lift your spirits and encourage you in your own journey with our Lord. LINK
Special Prayer Request:
- THANK YOU JESUS -- We received two praise reports this week. One was from Lori Putman that her brother-in-law Rick is doing much better. The other was from Valerie Hayden who said "Della will be released from rehab after 8 weeks of intense therapy with glowing results. With standby assist, she is walking with crutches for the first time ever! We are ever grateful for the sincere prayers for her these last few months, and the results they have attained." Praise the Lord!!
- CONTINUED REQUESTS — Please continue prayers for: Gini Linsenmeyer, Kate Christianson, Linda Johnson, Kay Robinson, Jan Scott, Cathy Farinelli, and Donna Simms d'Almeida. Gini is resting comfortably at home where her children are caring for her. She will be followed by several doctors at Johns Hopkins University in the coming months. She and her family are grateful for all of the prayers. Additionally, please continue to pray for Lisa Strawser, a young woman suffering from a fast spreading cancer. We pray that doctors may find an effective treatment and that Lisa may be given peace and comfort. Finally, please pray for all TASTE sisters in chronic pain or battling ongoing health illness, all TASTE sisters who are new to home schooling, and provision for the material and economic needs of all members of TASTE and their families.
- NEW REQUESTS -- Please contact Carolyn Horton - email@example.com if you are in need of prayer for a significant health concern and would like to be on the prayer list.
Check this out:
- NEW CATHOLIC BLOG -- Our TASTE sister, Beth Tran, has started a blog to offer advice and support for the Christian woman. Beth explores the vocation of mamahood and how it can help us get to heaven! You can read her invitation to follow her blog in our weekly email. Check it out at: LINK
- WEB ACCESS -- Last week, we provided the first installment of a 3-part video series on navigating the TASTE web site. This week, we want to feature the second tutorial and next week, we will post the last one. We hope these short tutorials offer you broader insights into effectively using our web site. To learn more about web links associated with Our Prayers, Registration, Favorite Links, and a Gallery of Posters, Videos, Music, and Pictures, see the second video on this LINK.