March 8, 2020
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
Like many of you, we have been monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak around the world and now even in our own state. As the virus continues to spread and the CDC makes more testing kits available, the number of people testing positive is sure to grow. Because of this, we have identified proactive steps to protect all our women of TASTE and especially those who are older or have underlying health conditions.
- As you know, we have always encouraged our women to introduce themselves to one another and to greet each other with a warm hug. While we still want to encourage a warm and friendly greeting, we also want to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. To this end, we encourage you to replace these hugs with waves, elbow taps, and/or putting your hands together in prayer and nodding. CARTOON
- Additionally, if you feel ill, are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, and/or have been exposed to someone with the virus, please stay home and listen to the talk on-line. (So glad we now have this available!)
- Finally and as usual, protect yourself and others by vigilant hand-washing, cover your entire mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, preferably into your elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. This will protect you and others not only from Coronavirus, but other issues as well.
This week at TASTE
- NEW TALK -- Fr. Christian Huebner will speak on "Discerning God's Will for Your Life" READ MORE .
- SMALL GROUP -- We will reflect on Fr. Anthony Lickteig's talk, "Hearing the Voice of God" Reflection Questions and the talk are LINKED.
- CONFESSION -- Fr. Christian will stay to hear confessions after his talk.
- DIVINE MERCY CHAPLET -- It will be prayed after lecture. A volunteer is needed to lead; please reply to the email or stop in at the check in table Thursday morning. Children are welcomed!
Special Prayer Request:
- RECENT REQUESTS -- Please pray for all people affected by Coronavirus worldwide and that God may put a protective hand on all of the women of TASTE and our loved ones.
- CONTINUED REQUESTS -- Please continue prayers for: Kate Christianson, Gini Linsenmeyer, Linda Johnson, Kay Robinson, Jan Scott, Cathy Farinelli, Laura Chighizola, Donna Simms d'Almeida, Della Grace Wark, and Fr. John Rapisarda.
- NEW REQUESTS -- Please contact Carolyn Horton - firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of prayer for a significant health concern and would like to be on the prayer list.
- TASTE LENTEN ALMSGIVING -- It is not too late to assist St. Vincent Pallotti High School's Pack & Pray Program. In this annual service project, Pallotti HS partners with Cross Catholic Charities to package up food for 30,000 meals!! To achieve this goal, they need to raise $8,000 to purchase supplies. A perfect Lenten almsgiving opportunity! If you would like to help, checks may be made payable to St. Vincent Pallotti HS.
- TASTE LIBRARY -- Our library has many wonderful books, including many saint biographies, to help you on your Lenten journey.
- SPIRITUAL DIRECTION / CONFESSION -- Are you looking for a convenient place to go to confession or spiritual direction during the week? In addition to other opportunities, an Opus Dei priest hears confession at Allview Family Enrichment Center every Friday, from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm, except the Friday following the 2nd Thursday of the month. During this time, the confessor can ask for spiritual direction. It is located at 6401 Allview Drive, Columbia MD. MORE INFO.
Upcoming Events in the Area
- LENTEN SUNDAY NIGHT SERIES -- A series called “Our Faith through the Heart & Mind of Pope John Paul II" will be held Sundays March 8, 15, 22 & 29 at St. Andrew Church (11600 Kemp Mill Road, Silver Spring, MD). The program starts at 7:00 pm with Teaching & Meditation. Confession will also be available.
- TALK FOR WOMEN OVER 50 -- On March 28th, Allview Family Enrichment Center is hosting a talk at 11AM for women over 50 entitled “The Relational You.” Given by Peggy Gabriel, wife, mother of 8, and grandmother of 33, the topic will discuss the importance of maintaining & deepening relationships with family, friends, & community as we age. MORE INFO.
- EVENING REFLECTION FOR WOMEN -- Allview Family Enrichment Center hosts Mini-Retreats for women the 2nd Thursday of each month from 7:30-9:15 PM with the opportunity for confession from 7:00-7-30PM. They typically have two meditations by an Opus Dei priest, a virtue talk by a lay member, and Benediction at the end. MORE INFO.
- EVENING WITH THE MERCIFUL JESUS –- This event is for older teens and young adults. 22nd of each month at the St. John Paul II National Shrine. Next meeting is Sunday, March 22. MORE INFORMATION.
- LENTEN PARISH MISSION WITH FR. SWINK -- St. Mary of the Mills is hosting a Three-Part Lenten Parish Mission "I Will Make All Things New" on March 23rd, 24th, and 25th starting at 7:30 PM each evening. Confession will be available after each session. Details are now available. MORE
- SEDER MEAL -- St. Anthony's Shrine is hosting a Seder Meal on Thursday, April 2, 2020, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM. Reserve your seat early to join in this meal to enter more deeply into the Jewish Passover and the mystery of the Last Supper celebrated by Christ and His disciples. DETAILS.
- GLOBAL ROSARY FOR PRIESTS -- A local sponsor is needed to organize a group to pray the rosary for Priests on the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (June 19, 2020). MORE INFORMATION.
Jesus, I Trust in You!