March 1, 2020
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
We pray your Lent is off to a prayerful start. Our Holy Father admonishes us with these words, "Lent is a fitting time for self-denial; we would do well to ask ourselves what we can give up in order to help and enrich others by our own poverty. Let us not forget that real poverty hurts: no self-denial is real without this dimension of penance. I distrust a charity that costs nothing and does not hurt."
This week at TASTE
- NEW TALK -- Fr. Anthony Lickteig will speak on "Hearing the Voice of God." READ MORE .
- SMALL GROUP -- We will reflect on Holly Novotny's talk, "Overcoming Root Sin." Reflection Questions and the talk are LINKED.
- CONFESSION -- Fr. Anthony will stay to hear confessions after his talk.
- SCRIPTURAL ROSARY -- will be prayed this week after the talk. Please plan to stay and pray with us.
Special Prayer Request:
- RECENT REQUESTS -- Please pray for Della Grace Wark, a TASTE tot and grand daughter to Valerie Hayden. Della is almost 4-years old and has not been able to walk due to CP. She is having spine surgery this week and it is the only real hope of her ever walking independently. She will be in pediatric rehab for 2 months post op. Please shower her and her family with prayers.
- CONTINUED REQUESTS -- Please continue prayers for: Kate Christianson, Gini Linsenmeyer, Linda Johnson, Kay Robinson, Jan Scott, Cathy Farinelli, Laura Chighizola, Donna Simms d'Almeida, and Fr. John Rapisarda.
- NEW REQUESTS -- Please contact Carolyn Horton - firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of prayer for a significant health concern and would like to be on the prayer list.
- TASTE LENTEN ALMSGIVING -- Through financial support, we can assist St. Vincent Pallotti High School's Pack & Pray Program. In this annual service project, Pallotti HS partners with Cross Catholic Charities to package up food for 30,000 meals!! To achieve this goal, they need to raise $8,000 to purchase supplies. A perfect Lenten almsgiving opportunity! If you would like to help, checks may be made payable to St. Vincent Pallotti HS.
- WEB ACCESS -- the new tab titled THIS MONTH is newly updated. It now shows ALL of the remaining talks through the end of our semester.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IN CHAPEL -- Sealed water bottles are always acceptable.
- TASTE LIBRARY -- has many wonderful books, including many saint biographies, to help you on your Lenten journey.
Upcoming Events in the Area
- EVENING WITH THE MERCIFUL JESUS –- for older teens and young adults. 22nd of each month at the St. John Paul II National Shrine. Next meeting is Sunday, March 22. MORE INFORMATION.
- LENTEN PARISH MISSION WITH FR. SWINK -- St. Mary of the Mills is hosting a Three-Part Lenten Parish Mission "I Will Make All Things New" on March 23rd, 24th, and 25th starting at 7:30 PM each evening. Confession will be available after each session. Details are now available. MORE
- SEDER MEAL -- St. Anthony's Shrine is hosting a Seder Meal on Thursday, April 2, 2020, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM. Reserve your seat early to join in this meal to enter more deeply into the Jewish Passover and the mystery of the Last Supper celebrated by Christ and his disciples. DETAILS.
- GLOBAL ROSARY FOR PRIESTS -- a local sponsor is needed to organize a group to pray the rosary for Priests on the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus ( June 19, 2020). MORE INFORMATION.
Blessings! Carolyn & Joy
Jesus, I Trust in You!
Jesus, I Trust in You!