February 16, 2020
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
What a wonderful lesson Jessica provided for us! We pray that you have found time this week to let the Lord lead you in ways you can live your life more intentionally and more missionally. Please, do not try to do it all at once, ask the Lord to show you one aspect of your daily life and duties that you could give more fully to him. He will be faithful!
We need to inform you that the Sisters of the Servant of the Lord will be absent from our Tots for the remainder of this year. Mother Crucified shared with us that staffing changes at the convent necessitate that they pull back from TASTE for at least the remainder of this year. Of course we will miss their joyful presence, but please continue to keep their growing convent in your prayers. Please pray that the Lord will provide for the needs of our TASTE for Tots childcare. If you know of someone who has a heart for young children and their mothers, please contact Christine Divver at (301) 674-5729 or by email, email@example.com.
This week at TASTE
- NEW TALK - Fr. Bill Gurnee returns this week to help us, "Prepare Our Hearts for Lent." READ MORE .
- SMALL GROUP - We will reflect on Jesicca's talk, "Intentional and Missional living." Reflection Questions and the talk are LINKED.
- CONFESSION - Fr. Bill is able to stay and hear confessions.
- BROWN BAG LUNCH - Please pack a lunch (or bring some food to share) and enjoy some fellowship. We will meet in the Pallotti HS media center which is just across the hall from the gym.
Special Prayer Request:
- RECENT REQUESTS-- Please pray for Donna Simms d'Almeida and beloved TASTE speaker, Fr. John Rapisarda. READ MORE. With renewed fervor, ask the Blessed Mother to shower her love and intercessions upon your pastor.
- CONTINUED REQUESTS -- Please continue prayers for: Kate Christianson, Gini Linsenmeyer, Linda Johnson, Kay Robinson, Jan Scott and Cathy Farinelli and Laura Chighizola, as she recovers from successful surgery on her elbow.
- NEW REQUESTS -- Please contact Carolyn Horton - firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in need of prayer for a significant health concern and would like to be on the prayer list
- SEVEN SISTER APOSTOLATE - Is a beautiful way to offer much needed prayer for your pastor and other priests in your life. Is there there one in your parish- LOOK HERE. Is the Lord calling you to establish a group for your pastor? READ MORE.
- WEB ACCESS - You can also access the TASTE weekly email on the website. It is located under THIS WEEK. If you would like to know about upcoming speakers and talk titles, they can be found on a new tab titled THIS MONTH. We have also added in TASTE Talks going all the way back to 2015/2016. Click on the "Date" column if you want to see these sorted from oldest to newest. LINKED
- LEGISLATION - The Maryland General Assembly is in session and there are several bills pending related to Respect Life issues. To stay informed and contact your legislators, you can visit the Take Action tab of the Maryland Catholic Conference. MORE INFO. Similarly, the USCCB offers information on Legislative Advocacy for National-levels Bills. MORE INFO
Upcoming Events in the Area
- WOMEN'S LENTEN RETREAT - Saturday, February 22, 2020 from 9:00 am- 3:00 pm. Presented by Fr. Greg Shaffer. MORE INFO.
- LENTEN STUDY WITH SUSAN BRINKMANN -Leave it to St. Teresa of Avila to tell it like it is! In her book, The Interior Castle, she helps the soul to see themselves for who they really are - not for a morbid reason, but to help them overcome their faults in order to achieve union with God.Lent is the perfect time to explore her genius by taking a journey with her through the seven mansions of the soul in order to discover those hidden weaknesses that are the root cause of the sin in your life. This 8-week virtual course, taught by Susan Brinkmann, OCDS of the Catholic Life Institute. RESISTRATION.
Jesus, I Trust in You!